The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Help with engine swap into 2003 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorenzr01

Probationary Member
Apr 7, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hey everyone I'm new to this page but it's helped me this far but I have a 2003 eclipse with no motor but I was given a 2.0 motor out of a 96 will it qork?????

It will work just as well as any other engine from any manufacturer. Do you own a welder?

Assuming you're talking about a DSM 4G63, the engine bays have nothing in common between the 2nd gen and 3rd gen Eclipses. Cutting and welding frame rails and custom engine mounts are just the beginning. If you're talking about a 420a, don't. Get the engine that your car is supposed to have.

the 420a might bolt up since its got the engine on the passenger side and the trans on the drivers side and the mounts seem to be in relatively the same spots. Bolt up to the mounts that is, the none of the 3g trannys would bolt to the 420a though its possible that with the 420a tranny (NVT350) it would all bolt up. But even if it bolted up none of the wiring would be compatible and most everything else wouldn't be either.

what engine did your car have, the 2.4 4 cylinder (4g64) or the 3.0 V6 (6g74)?

it looks like used engines are going for $350 -450 in your state. i can hook you up with places to contact if you want.

Yes that would be a great help mine came with the 2.4 4g64

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back