The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Help with Evo8 ECU tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdm9221

Proven Member
Apr 10, 2017
Osceola, Indiana
I'm running an Evo8 ECU. I have ecuflash and evoscan 2.9. When I bought the ECU I just plugged it in and used the tune that was on there. All I know is he was running 560s and an Evo8 MAF, I have 550s and an Evo 8 MAF.

I've been having problems with the car and I have no idea how to tune this thing. I have the ROM from the ECU saved to a file. Is there anyone I can send it to that can make me a new ROM custom to my car if I give you all the details? I really need a base tune to get it driveable before I can get it to a real tuner

With all the tools you have you will be able to open the rom and make the adjustments for what size injectors you have in the car and that should stabilize it enough to run safely until you get a proper tune. Do you have a wideband installed so you can see if you're running lean at all? Look in the Freelancer Section (Classifieds) and you should be able to get in contact with someone who can help you further.

Yes I have an innovative LC-2 wideband. I don't even know how to open the Rom and make adjustments. I've also had problems with it running fine then randomly going super lean. If you have any ideas I have another post on it

What Brand injectors are you running? If you look at the link I put in your other thread the latency for the EVO 560's are different than any other injector, so if you follow the steps and change it to the latency for the injectors you do have you should be in good shape.

I believe they are RC 550s. I read the link but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable trying to change it just because I'm not 100% sure what exactly they should be set to

If you dont want to get it trailered then input latency and injector scaling for that particular injector as mentioned. If you dont know how to pull roms and upload them, you should really consider taking it to a shop. aka trailer. Its a pain when you lock the ecu.

Below you will see roughly what they are called. This is my evo rom though.
*Dont use my values as this is for different injectors and vehicle application.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you can pull it and upload it, then change it...What are we missing? You are unsure about the values you are inputting? If so those values are a ballpark. It will get it running enough to get it to a shop. Itll either start and run or nothing. If you change it and upload it and it doesnt work, you can always revert back to whatever you had. It isnt going to hurt anything if you input the wrong numbers. If that is the case, the car just wont start.

Here is a quick how to that should get you comfortable enough to make the changes needed to get it running safely.as to throw an answer to your other thread your injector scaling are off you may even need to change your airflow settings. even though you are running an EVO MAF it isn't going to flow the same when in a DSM.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back