1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Spyder Help with ECU’s

Posted by Ian0030, Jan 21, 2021

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Ian0030

Ian0030 Probationary Member

Joined Jan 21, 2021
    Delano, California
    Hey guy, I just picked up a 99 spyder eclipse 2.0 turbocharged AWD. The ECU/ECM inside the car is MD359402 and I read it was for FWD then I read MD359403 and it was for AWD. Can I run both on the car if the previous owner had used 02 on it? I don’t understand the difference

2. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    the MD359402 came in all 99 spyder GST's, which is what your car was before some converted it to AWD.
    your good with the 402

i have heard that the 402 have a governor but the 403 don't.
    Thats the only difference i know of

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    steve likes this.
  3. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Some where, Colorado
    The only difference between fwd turbo and awd ECUs is the speed limiter. Everything else is the same. Either ECU works.

2K  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  4

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM
  4. Ian0030

Ian0030 Probationary Member

Joined Jan 21, 2021
    Delano, California
    That makes more sense to me thanks guys!

spyderdrifter likes this.