The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Help with ecmlink please!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kringle

Proven Member
Sep 29, 2015
Goldsboro, North_Carolina
Ok I'm at a total loss on this one and have no clue where to go from here. So last night i got the car fired up and everything was "OK" but no where near good. Anyway, i started messing with getting idle set and everything was going as i expected. Well now tonight i went to mess with it some more and my computer won't connect to ECU at all. I don't get it at all. last night all was fine and now tonight its FUBAR'ed. So my question is where should i start with this problem? Im so frustrated right now i can't think.

Ok so i found the ecmlink wiki about testing the OBD port itself but my port docent match what its talking about so I'm still lost any help would be greatly appreciated. even WAG statements might work at this point. the car is idling at 2000 rpm when up to temp as well. Not sure if this is part of the problem or a separate issue all together.

Im new to ecm link also and mine did the same thing. I found my battery connection was loose, but I also restarted the computer and changed usb ports. When mine wasn't connecting though the green light on the v3 cable was not lighting up after I did those three things It was working fine.

Im new to ecm link also and mine did the same thing. I found my battery connection was loose, but I also restarted the computer and changed usb ports. When mine wasn't connecting though the green light on the v3 cable was not lighting up after I did those three things It was working fine.
i haven't tried restarting my computer yet ill try that. but I've tried to connect to 3 computers with no luck and my little green light is lighting up. he ill try it though thanks

So i checked my OBD1 port and found that pin 10 has high resistance to ground 18.xx ohms, might be enough to mess with everything. any one know where i can find a wiring diagram of this wire so i can chase the short down. I'm not having luck finding it

ok i chased the wire by tearing apart the dash and from connection to connection I'm getting 0 resistance through the whole wire. I'm at a lose again.

Before you buy, make sure you confirm that your connection settings on the laptop are for a 1g
I would email Dave or Tom about the issue before buying another cable.

I emailed them yesterday to see there thoughts on it, but ill double check the ports on my lap top. Just weird that it would work one day and not the next with no changes made to anything. Thanks for the info

Might be a loose wire in the harness. Try moving the wire around on both ends and see if it will connect while holding the wire a certain way. kind of like a defective USB charger.

Not sure if you bought the ecmlink new/used.

Might be a loose wire in the harness. Try moving the wire around on both ends and see if it will connect while holding the wire a certain way. kind of like a defective USB charger.

Not sure if you bought the ecmlink new/used.
New cable is on the way. I tried just about everything to get it to connect. I only checked the main wires for loosens at all 4 connection points. As well as taking a multimeter to each wire to check for open lines and short to ground. Everything checked out fine, new cable should be in tomorrow so I'll let y'all know if it fixed the problem

My DLC only has 3 wires. 2 wires that go to the ecu and one that goes to ground. What's the 4th wire for?
It's not 4 wires it's 4 connections. One at the ecu, one behind the center dash on/near the floor board, one near the obd1 port and the OBD port itself

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back