The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

help with dash

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dericsh

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2002
Pearl River, Louisiana
Alright, I need to get my dash board out to paint it because everything is white but the dash board and it looks crazy. i, pretty sure i have all of the screws out? and the dash will wiggle on each side but seem sto be stuck really well in the middle part around the air vents etc. we tryed pulling really hard that didnt work to well. Are there screws way back there behind my stereo or what?:confused:

dude it is a pain in the ass to do it......i can't remember if there are screws behind it or not.....you have to take out the whole cluster gage and everything else out.....it all comes out in one piece.....it took me like three to four hours to find everything and take it all out......if i can think of anything i will post again.........

Taking the dash out is not that hard, but not that easy. My car is sitting R.I.P. waiting for a tranny rebuild with upgraded Torque converter so...............one day I was looking through the gallery and wanted to paint it and customize it. I took it apart, but I don't look forward to putting it back. It is something to be reckoned with. Good luck. Just make sure you really clean the plastic pieces and prep them before painting or it will all be for nothing.

Getting it out/in isn't actually all that hard, it just requires some patience.

However, be careful with the HVAC controls; I got something tangled and the vent selector is off-by-one to the right. Going to fix it when I pull the pedal assembly, but not looking forward to it.

To get the center piece off you must first take out the center vent. To do that all you got to do is slide a flathead screwdriver to each one side of the vent and pull the vent a little. Do the same to the other side. After that I think you still have to take two more screws.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back