The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help with dagree cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Block&head machined.
Block: Stock crack refurbished, eagle h beams, wisco pistons, clevite barings
Head: new valve guides valves beehive springs with intake:exhaust 272 kalferd cams. Pics of car and progress.

So i have a 93 1g 7 bolt car I got from a co worker who just didnt have enough time or money to do it. this is the rebuilt first motor I've ever done. Things were going fine hiccup hear and there but thats to be expected. Now when I first got the car I had alot more time so I was working on it every day. Well life is life and lost alot of my extra time. But when I got to dagree cam i stuck been stuck on step for at least 6 months I've researched called asked alot of it and everyone says well did u measure cam it self. The answer is no I havent. 1 being it's a brand new cam straight from kalferd cam they dont f*** up let's be real they measure that cam 10x b4 they send them out. Plus I dont have time 4 that. I'm looking to get 400-450 hp. I'm ready to just pay a place near me for 500 but I'd rather and wanna do it my self I mean it is y I bought it to begin with. When I did the intake cam went good very time consuming and quite frustrating at first but figured it out. When I moved on to the exhaust side tho is when and where I'm stuck.. I cant get my cam to hit any of my numbers together and I'm never hitting the duration I need. Now when I read. Adv. Cams I can it all my numbers but only 1 number at a time depending on the dagree of adjustment I have in my gear... does anyone have any idea of y or what's going on? Oh and yes I have a adjustable solid lifter in it for testing.

You can't make the cam give you numbers. lift, duration are in the cam profile. What you can adjust are things like valve overlap/LSA, valve opening/closing timing which is done with adjustable cam gears. There are no cookie cutter specs or magical numbers for cam degreeing sometimes you have to use trial and error.
Try being more specific on what exactly what you're trying to find/measure so we can help you through the process.
Have you tried taking one measurement at a time?

Ideally you should post this in a proper thread instead of your build page, it might be seen a bit more

I wasnt really sure how to do that if u could guide me in the right direction.. I'm in phone always so maybe its different than the computer

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back