The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

help with clutch point of engagement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your_Dead

15+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2004
Lancaster/Palmdale, California
okay so i searched and i found a bunch of threads on this topic but i just want to be sure of what im doing. So i had the 2g "ghost pedal" so i replaced the master cylinder. then i was fighting with the "pump up" issue for a day or two until the master cylinder finally just died on me(pedal would just fall to the floor as soon as you touched it) so i replaced it with a new one. Now when i adjust it all the way it still grabs right off the floor. So im assuming that i need to adjust the upped clutch pedal stop right? and if so how much do i adjust it? Im pretty sure that im correct in adjusting the upper stop but i just wanted to double check before i go and screw it all up. thanks:thumb:

Which slave cylinder are you using? A common fix to the "pump up" pedal issue is to switch to a 1g AWD slave cylinder because it provides more of a throw and has a smaller piston diameter. Try that and see what happens. I would also recommend checking out the Road Engineering Articles where they talk about this and the steps on fixing it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back