The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help with 60' times.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90AWDTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2003
Everett, Washington
I went to the track tonight. I'm not getting the 60' times I think I should be. At first I was getting 2.0's, this was done by reving to 5000 and dropping the clutch. I was talking to this guy that also had an AWD, he was getting 1.9 60' times but said he usually gets 1.7. He said instead of just holding it at 5000, rev it between 4000 and 6000, then when the tree gets to the second to last yellow hold it steady at 5000. I tried this and was consistanly getting 1.9's. But I think I should be doing better. Any advice would be great.

You need to slip the clutch out more, dropping the clutch bogs everything and slows you down.

I went to the track again on Friday. After some experimenting, it seems the best way for me was wait till I get the first yellow, rev up the engine. When it gets to the last yellow hit it. Doing this I was launching between 5500 and 6000. With this method I was getting consistant 1.86 60', and on my last run I got a 1.79 60' time. The weird thing is I felt more G's when I was getting 2.0 and 1.9 60' times, but this was slower and faster is better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back