The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help wiring in A/C slim fan PICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slikvik

15+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2006
Prosser, Washington
Before anyone tells me to use the search button, well I did and I could not find anything on how to wire in the slim fan on the driver side, a/c fan, for a 1g. They were all for 2g's.

I already know how to wire in the passenger side, main fan, in. Just connect the two wires into the fan, and run the wires to the thermal turn on switch.

My problem came when trying to wire in the a/c fan. I could not figure out what to do with the resistor pack. I don't fully understand how it functions. Should just leave it wired in as is? Or should I cut the resistor pack out and wire the two ends together to short circuit the resistor. (below is a picture of the resistor pack I am talking about).

My goal is to wire in the new slim fans so that they operate 100% like stock. Someone please chime in, thanks in advance for the replies.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I too am in need of help on this same issue. I bought a FAL slim fan that is one piece and has the engine and a/c fan in one unit. I have the same question as the OP. I need to know what to do with the piece that he circled in red. I want it to operate 100% like stock.

Thanks in advance!

The resister pack causes the fan to work at two speeds high/low,i say bypass it cause you don't need the low speed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back