The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink Help Tuning e85 and SD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mham2k

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hey guys, i obviously have no idea what i'm doing, please see the attached log.

So my I just built a 6 bolt and dropped it in, it ran great on 93, put simple base tune in that was based on my SD tune prior to the build and it ran fine. THEN I put e85 in the tank and I realized that i have no idea what i'm doing.

The car sounds likes it missing at idle and my wideband stays lean. When i drive the car the AFR is all messed up, i don't need a wideband to tell me that it just doesn't run. When i try to step on the peddle it stays leaner than it should be.

I followed a few threads by trying to adjust battery table, no values stop it from going lean. Setting dead time at 700 won't stop it from being lean or make the car drive well.

I tried to adjust to SD/VE idle sells but i have to drop them all the way to the 20's to get airflow per rev around .25, this just seems wrong.

I'm not sure if there is a mechanical issues that just cropped up when i put e85 in the tank or something else i going on. Any Thoughts?

Fuel pressure is 43.5
No boost leaks
Fuel pump is Aeromotive 340 that i have ran for a few years with no issues
FIC 2150's

Attachments

• log.2021.05.16-08.elg
    308.8 KB · Views: 32
Hmm, in that case I wonder if the e85 has cleaned out gunk in your system and now the fuel filter or injectors are clogging? I can't seem to find anything odd in the tune.

BTW, I would never run e85 without a flex-fuel sensor setup. Too much of a pain.

Hmm, in that case I wonder if the e85 has cleaned out gunk in your system and now the fuel filter or injectors are clogging? I can't seem to find anything odd in the tune.

BTW, I would never run e85 without a flex-fuel sensor setup. Too much of a pain.

I have a flex fuel sensor on the way, and very good point i didn't think about that. I will open my fuel filter and check. The car was sitting a year and a half with 93 in the tank maybe it clogged me up.

I would readjust the global. The ecu is adding over 20% fuel. Try -66, as that is what the calculator suggests for Stoich at 9.1 instead of 14.7. I would start over on the deadtime also. I follow the LTFTs and STFTs. I adjust LTFT with global adjustments then try to dial in the STFTs with deadtime. I run the same injectors as you and I am set at -72.7 on global fuel. Just a few suggestions.

I have a flex fuel sensor on the way, and very good point i didn't think about that. I will open my fuel filter and check. The car was sitting a year and a half with 93 in the tank maybe it clogged me up.
Whoa, you have bad gas mixed in with your e85 then...

Fresh fuel would be a good place to begin. I hope the car isn't full.

Just checked it wasn't clogged.

I would readjust the global. The ecu is adding over 20% fuel. Try -66, as that is what the calculator suggests for Stoich at 9.1 instead of 14.7. I would start over on the deadtime also. I follow the LTFTs and STFTs. I adjust LTFT with global adjustments then try to dial in the STFTs with deadtime. I run the same injectors as you and I am set at -72.7 on global fuel. Just a few suggestions.
OK, I will try

Whoa, you have bad gas mixed in with your e85 then...

Fresh fuel would be a good place to begin. I hope the car isn't full.
Fuel is fine, remember it ran fine before i put the e85 in there. A friend of mine updated my tune and sent it back to me. I'm going to use that and start at deadtimes and fuel trims all over again.

Your firmware is out of date for starters, no option for fuel cut ect on fuel tab gave that away. In my experience fic 2150's usually end up around -60 to 65% on global. Your SD table and DA tables need some love.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back