The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Help tune with DSMlink V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicked98gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2012
Middlesex, North_Carolina
Ok so I have looked on the ECMtuning website and I can't figure out what to do. I need step by step instructions to get my car started. It tries to start then spits and dies. I have no clue what Im doing

I came across a brand new copy and ecu for dsmlink v2. Guy bought it, totaled his car three days before he got the link. The CD even had the original seal on it. I hooked up the ECU and hooked up the laptop and plugged into the obd2 port. I set the injectors to 450 and then I don't know what to do next.

My mods are:
14b w/16g hotside
FMIC

I have read about reversing wires and some other stuff but it seem that all forums or threads that contained this helpful info have now disappeared from the internet and have "broken" links. I just don't know what to do and I need help. Please... If your only comment is to "use the search function" then just dont comment. If I could find it then I would have and I wouldn't be bothering the forum for help

Post a log while trying to start? Do you have any more mods. Make sure you have the proper MAF selected. If you still have the 2g maf make sure it is zero'd out. Injectors and deadtime need to be set according to your injectors.

Is it a 95 ecu? That is the only time you'll need to change the plug wires and check the box for non 95 cas.

You can also use the v3 program if your running v2.5. V3 is much easier to get around in then v2 in my opinion. You just can use all extras functions associated with v3.

EDIT: Did it run fine before installing link?

Yes its s 95 ecu. I cant find anything on what wires to reverse. I have no idea how to set the deadtime for my injectors or anything. I can't find any help on just getting set up to just crank the car to even begin tuning. Im thinking im just going to post it for sale since I already know how to use EVOscan and thar what im currently using on the black box

Have you started by changing the ignition wires around like you are ment to do! That could be your only problem

Start with this swapplugwires [ECMTuning - wiki]

^ that link kept on coming up "broken/unknown link" last night but now it works! That probably is my only problem. Ill have to try whdn I get home cause my laptop is at home. Thanks for that link and ill post more once im home.

^ that link kept on coming up "broken/unknown link" last night but now it works! That probably is my only problem. Ill have to try whdn I get home cause my laptop is at home. Thanks for that link and ill post more once im home.

Be sure to check the CAS inversion if you do not have the 95/95 cam sensor. If not you will get a random misfire CEL.

Injectors and deadtime are set up under the fuel tab. Read here for injectors.

fuelsettingshelp [ECMTuning - wiki]

baseinjectordata [ECMTuning - wiki]

You can start here for a complete rundown of stuff that should be set at the beginning.

ecmlink101 [ECMTuning - wiki]

Be sure to check the CAS inversion if you do not have the 95/95 cam sensor. If not you will get a random misfire CEL.

Injectors and deadtime are set up under the fuel tab. Read here for injectors.

fuelsettingshelp [ECMTuning - wiki]

baseinjectordata [ECMTuning - wiki]

You can start here for a complete rundown of stuff that should be set at the beginning.

ecmlink101 [ECMTuning - wiki]

After redoing the plug wires and reading through those links you posted... car started up and idled beautifully. I only have a log of it idling since my laptop sucks. Im trying to figure out how to post logs on here. Next step is to remove my current ecu and replace it with the new ecu. Ill be back soon with hopefully asome logging pics next.

Thank you for all the help

Ok I need more help... I need someone who knows how to tune with dsmlink v2. I downloaded the v3 software and selected 2g v2. Imtrying to get an saccurate hp/tq reading. I just dont understand what im doing. I've read this thread

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ecm...lite-automatic-trans-horsepower-settings.html

I dont understand how to set anything up to just get started. I have the bare minimum mods

14b w/16g exhaust side (8psi)
450cc injectors
GReddy FMIC (long route)

No other mods. All I need is a rundown of what to enter in the hp properties. I dont know how to do the calculations to get an accurate reading. Please dont link a ecmlink forum page. I can't view them yet. If I could, im sure I wouldn't be posting in this forum. Hell I can't even find where to enter the tire size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back