The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

420A help timing is off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgar7654

Probationary Member
May 25, 2010
san antonio, Texas
here is the story my car ran out of time belt was just replaced a few months prior anyhow i replaced the belt and turn it and started fine then put the crankshaft and left a socket on the cams i was using the socket to put pressure while i was turing the crankshaft to adjust it :banghead: (dumb me) i turned the key to show my friend that i had fixed it but left the socket in the cams there for it wouldnt turn... it threw it off time again this time both the cams were off time i put it back in time and now i hear a popping noise coming from my manifold my friend saw light coming from my intake filter... any idea whats wrong its back on time if anything its off by a hair could this have vent my valves? or is it just out of time even tho the marks line up?
thank you and god bless you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back