1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New Site Feature Help Test a New Search Function

Posted by Ludachris, Oct 19, 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  2. We're on Boost

We're on Boost Proven Member

Joined Aug 25, 2007
    Seattle area, Washington
    Yeah I think that is better.

Yes I noticed that if you put your keyword in 2 or 3 of those sub-categories at the same time, you actually get fewer results than if you input only one. Or you might get 0 which would make it look like it isn't working. But with multiple inputs, it is giving, I think you would call it, the Boolean Intersection of the 2 or 3 categories you have input to, which is kind of strange.

That might be an idea though. If this thing can do a Boolean Intersection between different mod fields, then maybe it can do a Boolean Union. If it can, then maybe you could add 1 more item to that list that now has 10 items in it, under Advanced Field Search. That 1 more item would be "Specs & Mods" and it would search all the mod fields and give you the Boolean Union. It would be the 6th item in the list, right below "Build Type".
    That might give you some duplicate entries (when people list a mod in more than one category). Still pretty good though.

Maybe the main idea is that if this thing is doing a Boolean intersection between different mod fields in a single search, that means it actually is searching multiple mod fields at once. It would be really cool if we could add that 1 more category that would do it.

Appendix: (LOL)
    Searching "GM MAF"
    in Mods Bolt On -- 360 profiles
    in Mods Engine -- 10 profiles
    in Mods EMS and Logging -- 172 profiles
    in Mods Bolt On + Mods EMS and Logging -- 18 profiles
    in all three Mod categories -- "no items to display".

4K  19

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    650 whp · 510 lb/ft · 1G DSM

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. sacrileger

sacrileger Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2016
    Orillia, ON, Canada
    ok, thanks. i understand. I gave this new search another trial run tonight and some bugs i pointed out were worked out. The new search is such a huge improvement over the old/present search that I am happy with what it is now. One can accomplish what I suggested with working to the final results with search within next search. And that appears to be the consensus here.

However, if I should ask for one or two improvements, it would be
    (1) a search by selecting from a pull-down menu/list of available tags; thus, adding another search field;
    (2) a search by selecting from a pull-down menu/list of available prefixes. At the present time it's guess work... by typing letters of alphabet one can work his way to the desired prefix but a complete pull down list would be nice.
    thanks for getting at least this much done and making it available to us

4. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    I've made the test search feature live. I'm closing this thread now and will open a new one for all requests and issues with the new functionality.

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.