The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Help removing lower rear control arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black95_TURBO

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
I am installing a set of new lower control arms in the rear. It seems pretty straight forward however I can't figure out how to remove that six inch bolt that connects the control arm to the frame. If you know what I am talking about please help.

I ran into that problem with my friends gsx, I pushed the bolt out till it hit the body or fuel tank and then I cut it with a cut off wheel, replaced the control arm and put the bolt in from the other direction

That's what I had suspected, thanks.

Is there anywhere other than the dealer that you were able to find a replacement bolt?

Last edited by a moderator:
It only took two week for them to get the bolts for me :( but I am lucky I did, mitsu said they were the last two in the country and that they stopped production on that part. :p

However if you are replacing your rear lower control arms and you are in need of this unique bolt not to worry Dodge also has them part number MB844523. Watch out though Dodge wants 10 buck a piece for them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back