The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Help please, I need to go back to base in a week!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoNew

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
So I drive all the way from Fort Campbell Kentucky to Green Bay Wisconsin to see my sister get married, great. Car runs great. Then 816 miles after I leave base and this noise happens. I dont have my jack, tools, etc. I need to report back to Fort Campbell in ONE WEEK. So heres a video of the noise. The noise goes away when i push the clutch in so I'm guessing this noise from hell is either my throw out bearing or pressure plate?
Any help diagnosing this problem would be amazing and if anyone in the area wants to lend a "helping hand" (meaning your help, your garage, your tools) it would be awesome and I would provide Beer, pizza, food, any help would be amazing thanks guys.:pray:
heres a link to the death sound.
‪Ouch!‬‏ - YouTube
:barf:

To make this faster insead of looking at my profile its a 1999 GST with original 87,xxx miles on her.

and yes, I have purple shoes.....

There is a dsm friendly tuning shop in green bay..I can't remember what it's called right now..But a google search couldn't hurt..They should be able to get you fixed up fairly easy.

I'm guessing you're talking about beyond redline performance. I've never dealt with them and I've heard good and bad, but I prefer going to the same mechanic that my dad has been for 15+ years. So you guys think its just the throwout bearing?

Sounds nice man.:notgood: Dropping the tranny on a GST should take an inexperienced guy about 3 -4 hours. It will go back together a little faster assuming ya dont lose anything. Complete clutch would run about 5-700 for a quality unit with flywheel. Thats just a little more than most shops will charge for an oem replacement job. You could maybe get away with just a TOB but you wont know till its apart. Sucks. If I had the cash to come out there I would come help you do it.

Thanks for all the advice guys I'm pulling the tranny tonight at a buddies house. We've done his BMW but never a Dsm so it'll be a new experience for me. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Fixed:) and got new UICP for $30

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311207161.426075.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311207161.426075.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 54
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back