The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

HELP! no compression in #2 and #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
heres the thing, my car was running fine but had a bad oil leak, so what i did was i replaced the cam seals, in order to do this, i had to take out the cams. when i took out the cam to replace the seal, the cam lobes damaged the seal on the way out. i know your supposed to take off the cam sprocket, but i tried everything and couldnt get the nut loosened. so what i did was get two other cams i had laying around with good seals and just switched them out in place of the old ones. so i put everything back together and go to crank the car. crank it and no start, WTF?!?! i did a compression test and the #2 and #3 cylinders read 0 compression, so i figured i somehow bent valves trying to loosen the cam gear nuts. so i take off the head to replace the "bent" valves and to my suprise they are fine, not bent at all. so what would cause the cylinders to have no compression?? the rings are good, i mean the car was running fine just before i changed out the cams/seals. i need opinions badddd to try to figure out whats up with the car..... any help would be appreciated.

thnx

does the car start? i know sometimes you can get the cam's set wrong which will open both the intake and the exhaust valve just enough to bleed all the pressure out of the cylinder........if the only thing you changed was the cams, you really need to focus on the cam's until you get the issue solved..................hotwheels of turborides

it your lifters..... there hold the valves slightly open.... use a pin to depress them....... or look on www.VFAQ.com theres a write up on there for cleaning them...

Adam

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back