The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Shop says T28 has different hoses from T25

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenthumb207

Probationary Member
Mar 23, 2020
Benton, Maine
So my t25 died I have a 1997 gsx I bought a t28 from extreme psi and had it sent to the garage my cars at I'm currently 1500 miles from home. The garage called me and told me the turbo isn't the same which I no they are he said (the hoses are different) what would be so different from the t25 and t28? The t28 bolts up right no problem doesn't it ? What hoses could he be referring to is thier any special modifications for these ? Like new lines or something? I'm confused and not home to see what's up any information would be wonderful!

Post up some part numbers, receipt info or something. T28 should require nothing. Got any pics? You sure you car didn't already have a 16g or something?

Pics would help too if you have some.

If you find the actual email make sure it's what you just posted. If it matches I can only think of 2 possibilities. You didnt receive a t28 or you don't have a t25.

I'll get it tomorrow any idea though what he may mean by hoses don't match?

Saw a t28 for sale in Maine. Figured it had to be you. What happened?
My car ended up not being stock it had a 16g already on it just badly worn so couldn't tell. Can't return the t28 unfortunately so taking a loss

My car wasn't stock ... So. Kind of a back story I bought the car off craigslist then had to leave state a few days later so never really got to look it over I was under the understanding the car was stock and not really modified except for the fmic ... Well turns out someone removed the stock t25 and put a 16g on the car that's why nothing matched up hahah it wasn't the stock turbo so the t28 I bought wasn't even close to matching up and would require some work to go from 16g back to t28 so I'm sending the 16g out for a rebuild port and flapper upgrade at some point here no point to go back to a tiny t28 when cars already set up for bigger

So an fmic too??
I would advise finding out just what all the car has before proceeding further or you may just keep chasing your tail.

The 16g is a fun turbo. Especially if you daily the car. I know now why you were having a tough time. I would recommend doing a overall tune up. Make sure all preventative repairs gets done. Timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires, and ect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back