The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

HELP NEEDED - Door swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qpfalmer

Probationary Member
Jul 14, 2021
aurora, Colorado
Hello, i am in a pickle. I recently bought doors off of a convertible spyder to put on my 1997 rs eclipse. my dumbass didn’t realize that the harness connections are totally different. which now makes sense because convertibles have four windows instead of two ect ect. please tell me if i can rewrire the new doors with the old harness, or is there an adapter i could buy??? sorry if i sound dumb it’s my first car

I can't answer your question @qpfalmer, but that is not a dumb question at all. I think if you compare the two doors and trace where the wires go, you might get lucky. Use the original harness and connect the wires to what's inside the new doors ? Hope this helps until someone with the correct knowledge comes along.Best of luck.

you can use the harness from your original door.

you can use the door panel and switches from the spyder, with your original harness. everything should be the same except the spyder has an extra connector on the switches for the rear windows

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Hello, i am in a pickle. I recently bought doors off of a convertible spyder to put on my 1997 rs eclipse. my dumbass didn’t realize that the harness connections are totally different. which now makes sense because convertibles have four windows instead of two ect ect. please tell me if i can rewrire the new doors with the old harness, or is there an adapter i could buy??? sorry if i sound dumb it’s my first car
Good luck with the wiring, I am currently running one power door of a gst (Driver), and a crank by hand (pass), I was out of the country for a few months and they thought the 'new' gst power doors were trash and threw them out some time last year when they cleaned our garage, so now im back in the market for another powered door (pass).

Good luck with the wiring, I am currently running one power door of a gst (Driver), and a crank by hand (pass), I was out of the country for a few months and they thought the 'new' gst power doors were trash and threw them out some time last year when they cleaned our garage, so now im back in the market for another powered door (pass).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back