The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

help: mishimoto vs spal fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmorock

Probationary Member
Dec 5, 2012
sherbrooke, QC_Canada
i need to replace the melted fan on my 2g tsi, i have an easy access to the mishimoto fan but i heard a lot of goods from the spal...

is the mishimoto good? or should i go with the spal setup?

Go with the spal, I have mizu fans (needed something quick usually dont buy crap) they are made in the same factory as mishimoto. I am not a fan (no pun intended) of them. I contacted Spal on suggestions on which setup would be best for my plans and let me tell you quick response to all of my emails. For now I can tell you great customer service.

Mishimoto Fan Shround 2 x 12": CFM 933.5

Spal 12" Curved blade puller: 1328 CFM

Go with the spal, I have mizu fans (needed something quick usually dont buy crap) they are made in the same factory as mishimoto. I am not a fan (no pun intended) of them. I contacted Spal on suggestions on which setup would be best for my plans and let me tell you quick response to all of my emails. For now I can tell you great customer service.

Is there a spal setup with a shroud that is bolt on?

Would love a plug and play setup!!

This is a Flex-a-lite set up that is bolt on for the 2g eclipse. I think its overpriced, but the fact is I run one and am very satisfied. I found it for half off, and at less than 175 its worth it. Bolt on, moves a lot of air, great shroud fitment, and hose fitment.

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

I know for a fact it will not work with a ETS Jpipe.

Is there a spal setup with a shroud that is bolt on?

Would love a plug and play setup!!

No there is it, I am keeping the shroud off my mizu setup and replacing the fans. Maybe you can find someone selling there mishimoto, mizu, or punishment set up and put in spal fans.

Maybe you can call punishment and see if they can sell you just the shroud, I doubt it but doesn't hurt to ask.

Just in case your interested after some back and forth with the spal guy and him seeing how I was planning on mounting the fans, he recommended these:

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=30102029

Also these fans are manufactured in Itlay.

No there is it, I am keeping the shroud off my mizu setup and replacing the fans. Maybe you can find someone selling there mishimoto, mizu, or punishment set up and put in spal fans.

Maybe you can call punishment and see if they can sell you just the shroud, I doubt it but doesn't hurt to ask.

Just in case your interested after some back and forth with the spal guy and him seeing how I was planning on mounting the fans, he recommended these:

SPAL USA

Also these fans are manufactured in Itlay.

thanks, i'll do that

I'm not sure who told you that, but it is absolutely not the same product as "Mizu". :banghead:

SPAL makes a great product. They are a world class manufacturer. The fan you referenced is roughly double the price of our 12" fan. It depends on the setup and how much air you need to move. In many cases 2 1400CFM fans is a complete overkill. Can you tell me more about your setup?

We're in the process of developing a higher-flow fan comparable to the SPAL 12"

Cheers,

Mike Sullivan
Mishimoto

I'm having problems getting your profile to load for some reason.

Anyway, is there a reason you want to go with aftermarket fans over the OEM ones? If it's simply a clearance issue there is a write up on how to make them more like slim fans but keep the awesomeness of the stock fans. However I doubt this would get you anywhere near what you would with a set of slim fans.

Thats good to know mike im looking to buy some slimline fans, two 12 inch that s not s or 10s, is there a time frame for them.

Twelve or 10s will be fine for my set up.

I believe we are still testing the motors for longevity.. probably will not have the high-flow products for roughly 4-6 months.

Cheers,

Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back