The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Help me write a DSM quiz.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohh.

1. what type of clutch fluid do you use.?
2. when using an eprom ecu in a originaly non eprom car and using dsmlink what are your new firing orders?
3. what other car oil filters are commonly used as a substitute for the 2g filter?
4. which acter made the eclipse's value sky rocket and wallets plumit?
5. Trick Question who is this guy below me.. haha

How about a trick question: What kind of fluid do you use for DSM power steering?? Hint: It's not power steering fluid. :dsm:

99gst_racer said:
bahhhh.....

People don't leave those in the hatch anymore, do they? :cool:

ohh no na no definit. yeah umm. yeah thats dumb not me i was talking about a friend of mine i know.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

what do all of us carry in our glovebox and point at ourselves at least once a day?

what never works when you need it too?

what never works in general?

what is fast enough to make owners put up with all of the above?

I cannot get the quiz to work in the window because of the rules of JavaScript. I'll put the text into a word document and upload that. Just do these two simple steps.
1. Copy paste the text into notepad
2. Save As (anywhere and anyname) with a .htm extension

I know it's plain. It will be much prettier when completed. Questions are still being developed and the current ones can be edited, etc. If you guys like the priciple, we can pitch the idea of a quiz to the mods and Luda, refine it and BAM, a new method of graduating out of newbiness.

Attachments

• Quiz.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 131
eclipsegsx1736 said:
How about a trick question: What kind of fluid do you use for DSM power steering?? Hint: It's not power steering fluid. :dsm:
in all seriousness, pm me the answer, ### I just used valvoline power steering fluid for my power steering....I haven't died, yet

project_tsi said:
In 95-96 its under the intake cam gear on the t-belt side of the engine, adjecent to the CAS on the tranny side of the engine, bolted to the head on the side of the intake cam on other years of DSM's.
Ok Fine I learned something today!
Dam I could fail this quiz. No wonder why you guy are WISE MAN!!! :p
I took this from a source posted online and I wasn't sure about it.:coy:

Don't worry guys, it's still in its testing phase, NO hard questions.

I could just replace the questions in this one (time consuming) and make an "expert" version.

Programming is fun. Yay. (a little sarcasm)

DOHC = Dual Over Head Chipmunks

At least that what the wife tells people to screw with them.

Injected said:
I know it's plain. It will be much prettier when completed. Questions are still being developed and the current ones can be edited, etc. If you guys like the priciple, we can pitch the idea of a quiz to the mods and Luda, refine it and BAM, a new method of graduating out of newbiness.
Good idea here. I threw something out like this a while back. Have 25 questions on it, and make them basically all the FAQs. Although, I think you should have to take it when you sign up, not just to not be a newbie anymore. That would get rid of 90% of the questions that are asked time and time again.

whats the final drive ratio on a 1G AWD 5 speed? automatic?

How many wheels does a DSM have? (trick question - it's 5 if you count the steering wheel, LOL)

5 wheels with tires, 2 wheels with fins, and 1 wheel that you hang onto for dear life :D

tstkl said:
in all seriousness, pm me the answer, ### I just used valvoline power steering fluid for my power steering....I haven't died, yet
ATF, although I have used PS fluid before without issue.

Can you pm me the anwsers or I will pm my anwsers just too see what I got. I can't get the grading test button to work.All it says is Error on page.

Also the reason you don't use regular powersteering fluid is that it swells up the seals in the system and causes it to leak over time.

Also have a few questions

What is the first two items you should buy before modding at all? (besides up keep)

What is the t-belt changing intervals?

What do you need with a 255fuel pump?(even yes I don't have one right now...:shhh: )

What should ARP's be torqued too? (not a number but a range)

What is the 6bolt..7bolt good to wheel horsepower?

If your logging at you get counts of knock at 30-50%throtle around 2500-5000RPM on a high milage engine whats most likly the cause?
(hint 3g ____ fix this LOL it's a easy one)

If your running say 12-14psi on a 14b and your getting knock and black smoke is coming out the back,but car is stock except a exhaust and maybe a mbc whats the cause?

Whats fuel cut?

How do you launch a AWD? Drop the clutch, or Slip the clutch?

When doing a CLT test can you turn the engine ether way? Why?

How do you do a compression test..the right way?

What are the five major inputs for the ecu to function? (thats a bit tuffer,but still easy)

What type of oil filter do you avoild?

What can the stock engine turn to RPM wise?

Whats base timing?

Where do you mount a WB O2sensor? ( don't get to technical)

Which years have the BIG brakes stock?

And last but not least

WHEN IS MITSU GOING TO WAKE UP AND BRING BACK THE GSX? NO MORE V6 CRAP..WE WANT THE 4G63T IN ALL IT'S GLORY, MAYBE EVEN A 2.3:cool:

I can post more questions later if you need them I have tons.

Derek:dsm:

here's one you guys left out....

What is the drag coefficient of a DSM - 1G and 2G ?????

what percentage of DSM's are in non-operable condition

what part of your cranium suffers the most trauma after an AWD launch???

1993TalonTsiAWD said:
Can you pm me the anwsers or I will pm my anwsers just too see what I got. I can't get the grading test button to work.All it says is Error on page.

I just tried copy pasting the code to textpad and saving it as an html. Worked just fine, but if your browser doesn't allow the active content to run, then I don't think it will work. Try messing with your browser settings or popup blocker. If you really want to know the answers, you can check the code for value = '1' for now. Let me know if you get it to work.

99gst_racer said:
What is the stock connecting rod length on a 4G63?

Who is the coolest mod on Tuners? :D

Defiant -.- :tease:

How many production cars had the 4G63 in it?

1993TalonTsiAWD said:
What is the first two items you should buy before modding at all? (besides up keep)

:dsm:

A haynes/chilton's manual and..............

a new Daily Driver

hey injection, is it cool if i host this up on my website? or have you got it hosted already? that way i could post up a link and spread the quiz throughout the community. I could put a copyright your name or made by you or something to give you credit. for this fabulous quiz :).

Here's one. True or False: a torque to yield fastener requires a different tightening procedure than a regular fastener.

true. torque to yeild gets torqued to x ft pounds and then cranked another 90 degrees generally.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back