The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

help me with my set-up..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoa! after reading about the 60-1 turbo, i just want it... so i'm assuming i'll be needing something bigger than the 650 injectors... i'm planning to use the gm translator and safc for now... would i be able to use something bigger than the 680 injectors with the safc and the gm translator?

my data logger is coming in and i'm still deciding on which afpr to buy...

I'm going to be running my 650's with my 60-1 for a while. Nate from Slow Boy runs a 60-1 and he said I will be able to get 22 psi on pump with the 650's. 880's wouldbe the best choice I would say to fully use the turbo but a built internals motor would be required also as Nate puts down 530+awhp. The safc and maf are only good to about the 680 range then timing gets really high when adjusting for the injectors. I tried 720's once and they did not work wth my MAF-T. Check to see if your ECU is an EPROM unit as there is a good chance since you have a '91. If so get it socketed and get a keydiver chip and you can run whatever size inj you want with them compensated for in the chip. I recentlybought an EPROM ECU, socketed and got a chipfor the 650's formuch easier tuning plus a lot of extra's. Check out www.dsmchips.com. Oh, Nate said with race fuel I could run 25-26 PSI and put down 450+HP.....for a few seconds and then the motor would grenade!!
I would not worry about 680cc inj's unless you have a STRONG motor to take the 25+ PSI more fuel would allow. Mark

yangtech said:
whoa! after reading about the 60-1 turbo, i just want it... so i'm assuming i'll be needing something bigger than the 650 injectors... i'm planning to use the gm translator and safc for now... would i be able to use something bigger than the 680 injectors with the safc and the gm translator?

I have the same 650's and MAFT/SAFC not the easiest to run, your removing so much of the air signal that the stock ECU is jacking up the timing which leds to poor idle and high EGT's. To much give and take that why I switched to DSMLINK. :thumb:

Yangtech, check the ECU!! www.vfaq.com has a section on ECU and removal. That's why I got the EPROM ECU($330.) so I could have a chip burned for $115. You willneed to get the injectors adjustedfor. That's again why I am staying with the 650's and my 60-1 for now. I may makeplenty of power formy stock motor! Mark

i checked my ecu and it wasn't a eprom ecu. the previous owner probably switch it out with another one of his dsm cause there were only one bolt holding the ecu. :(

so i'm pretty going to try the 680 injectors and see what happens or does anyone recommand 720?

Well what is your goal now? Do you have any injectors yet? What turbo are you looking at and what is your total budget?

for sure i want the 60-1 turbo and probably the 680 injector cause i've heard that anything bigger than that isn't good for what i'm using to control it, but i'll use my afpr to up it a little if i can. still need a front mount ic, might go with the diamondstarmotorsport Budget FMIC kit cause i already have the upper ic pipings.

trying to get everything else that i still need for 3K but if i need more cash than i'll have to bust it out.

Do what idid and get an EPROM ECU and chip. Cost-$450.Run 1000cc injectors if you want!
Turbo-$899. with oil lines and internal gate.
INjectors-$320.
FMIC-?$650.
total=$2400.
I tried 720's with the MAFT, timing went sky high.Even tough to do 650's with the maft. Turbo at AGP will not be on sale for all the time. Get the turbo. Check www.ffwdconnection.com or just www.ffwd.com.for an EPROM ECU for $330. www.dsmchips.com for a chip burned to the injectors you get. Chip is $115. FMIC needs to be the biggest you can afford. If you cannot cool the 60-1's charge you will KNOCK.
You must not have the Walbro installed yet do you? You will need an AFPR. I got mine from www.fulltrottlespeed.com. bolts on.
That's a good start. Oh check out the Scanmaster at fulltrottle. Awesome way to tune. Shows knock as you are diving or 1 of over a dozen pieces of data including timing advance. Mark

the link to the eprom ecu doesn't work for me... i'll try and see if i can find one that someone is selling and get it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back