The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash Help me with a base map so i can take my car to the dyno! (ecuflash/ceddymods)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yepes281

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 22, 2009
H-Town, Texas
Yea so Im still EXTREMELY new to this whole tuning thing, and i need help with a base map. When i was on 93 octane i could get the car to crank with my foot on the gas, but i dumped in a full tank of E85 and now nothing. The car does have fuel and spark, the tune is just way off. I just need something to get it to idle decently so I can take it to the dyno.

Mods:
HX35
E85
1600cc FIC black top injectors
FIC fuel rail
Jay Racing pro series 342 fuel pump w/ rewire (stock fuel pressure)
Stock 2g maft
Delta 272 cams
Manley stroker pistons 8.5:1 .020 over
Manley H-beam rods
4g64 crank (2.3l)

Thats pretty much all that matters.
If you need any additional details, EVERYTHINGS in my profile, any help will be greatly appreciated

Did you reconfigure the injectors settings for e85? If not you don't have enough fuel going to the cylinder. You can't just dump in e85 and go. Everything should stay the same tune wise except for your global fuel setting. If no one has by the time i get home i will post a link what to set it too and how to set it. But that will be around one.

That would help out alot, im just not sure what to set the injectors to now that its on E85

According to his title he is using Ecuflash/Ceddymods for tuning, but either way, the injector needs to be set as a "smaller" injector so it puts out more fuel. I am not familiar with the tuning devices you are using, but what every way you have injectors set, needs to be scaled, hopefully similar, to the way tazndrew04 posted.

Take your gas injector scaling and divide by 1.49.

Say you had you 1600s scaled at 1400 on gas.

On E85: 1400 / 1.49 = 940

So new scaling would be 940.

Latency/DeadTime should be the same or very close to your gas settings.

Thanks ceddy, got it started up no problem :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back