The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Help me pick a car (what one to get)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsons91AWD

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2005
Smyrna, Tennessee
Hey guys,

I need a daily driver, i have to drive 45 Mins to work and i need somthing that gets really good gas mileage, and dosent look like a pile. preferably lower miles 80-100K

and is around $4,000 or so..

Any ideas??

I am driving an ugly ass van getting 19Miles to the gallon so its gotta go.
Any suggestions as to what car would be great.

(for instance a 3cly Geo meto, great car as far as price and gas mileage but looks like a pile, so i need somthing better looking)

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Eg Hatchback would be hot.

I have a 94 tercel. It weighs 2005lbs! Its like driving a freaking moped.

Toyota camry or corola, easily get 300,000 miles on those ####ers and rides like a dream.

hey i drove a ford festiva for a while tell you what, 45mpg kickass! not to mention $25 dollars for each tire!! LOL

an older acura integra would be really nice or a miata. you can find some pretty good deals on them. the older celica's seem nice too. also a geo prism (looks like the toyota corolla) is not bad either. i'm not sure if hyundai's or kia's are any good but there pretty cheap and seem reliable. another option would be a nissan sentra, my friend owns one and he has no complaints. and if your not interested in an of those then like everyone else said, honda. just trying to give you some options.

I ma not sure why people recommend Hyundai :rolleyes: - yeah they are cheap, they have 10-year/100K warranty. but don't you realize that you will spend more time underneath these cars than driving them, so much for the daily driver :nono: ?
If it is a DD, it should be somewhat reliable - get a toyota.

LQAddict said:
I ma not sure why people recommend Hyundai - yeah they are cheap, they have 10-year/100K warranty. but don't you realize that you will spend more time underneath these cars than driving them, so much for the daily driver ?
If it is a DD, it should be somewhat reliable - get a toyota

That is not true at all. Hyundai's run great and last a long time. Ive known 3 girls with these cars and they all beat them to death with out changing any fluid or checking anything. Most are mitsubishi motors and they run great.

JayRolla said:
That is not true at all. Hyundai's run great and last a long time. Ive known 3 girls with these cars and they all beat them to death with out changing any fluid or checking anything. Most are mitsubishi motors and they run great.

The older models had mitsubishi engines in them. The newer hyundais have their own engines. And I speak from experiance. Still have a hyundai and it has no problems what so ever.

Nelsons91AWD said:
thanks for the replies, i have been looking at this car

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...year=2007&start_year=1993&lang=en&cardist=190

looks like a solid buy.
Way overpriced, IMO. I'd give $2K for it at most.

My advice: Don't shop around for a vehicle - instead, shop around for a deal.

My current DD is a 96 Grand Prix 4 door. I only paid $500 for it. It's not the coolest car on the block, but it was a damn good deal. And before that I had a 92 S10 4x4 that I paid $200 for (and it gave me 2 good years).

Ohh, and if you get a Honda, I'd have to recommend a manual trans. The only automatic transmission that I've ever had problems with was a Honda and I blew every one of them that was ever in that car.

Saturn would be a good buy, as well as most any small displacement econobox. If I were going to spend $4K on a Honda, I'd want it to have a 5-speed and not much more than 100K miles.

I was going through something simular a few months ago because I was going to be living in Cleveland, but driving back to Michigan almost every weekend. I picked up a 97 talon esi, I couldn't be happier so far. It looks sweet, I haven't had a tank get less than 30 mpg, and if anything breaks I will at least have some experience with the car. On top of that I am only paying $105 a month for full coverage insurance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back