The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Help me I been scammed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

95gster

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2003
Texas
So I saw a guy on here selling a vis carbon fiber hood for 250 so I decided to aim him up asking the condition of it. He said that all it needed was new clear coat and that was it. I trusted him because he's a frequent poster on this board. Well $280 and a month later I got fed up with him so on Friday I told him that if he still haven't sent the hood out by monday I just want a refund then and I won't say nothing bad about him. Well after not responding to me for a couple of days he finally emails me and told me he'll give my money back if its not sent out by monday. So Thursday come I pick up the package then I notice that it was shipped wednesday so I was ####ing pissed cause he told me he shipped the friday before when he actually shipped it Wednesday. The next day I bought the hood down to the shop opened it open to find that it needed a whole lot more than just clear coat. I mean the hood was cracked all over the place the pointy edge that faces the driver side was broken off by an inch. On one crack the carbon fiber weave was all sticking out. You don't even wanna know about the underside of it. Also he took off the dam hood pins that was on it and in the process left 4 big holes on the hood with cracks all around it. Now when I want a refund he doesn't even respond to any of my phone call. emails or pm's on this site even when he is on. I mean I would never sell something this messed up to anyone and he did to me. I paypaled him the money is there anything that I can do to get it back. I appreciate it if anyone can help me out the guy lives in austin if anyone would like to know.

Cliff notes> I pay for carbon fiber hood > seller shipped it out one month later> hood was all ####ed up> seller won't respond> and I'm out of $280

Tomorrow I'll have picture of the so called only needing clear coat hood and if that guy won't refund my money I'll let everyone on this board know who the hell he is.

find out where he lives, go to his house.

tie him up with his familyin the living room, douse them with propane and light their house on fire:)

Hyena, I think he wanted a different answer than that. Perhaps one without a 25 to life sentence involved.

I would try and find out as much about the person as you can. If he is on a forum frequently then you might even post a thread on that forum about him or something like that. Really you should be a little more cautious about people on the internet. Also how did you pay for the hood? Cash, credit card, check? If you paid by cash there isn't much you can do, but if you gave him a credit card number or a sent him a check you might be able to ask your bank or credit card company to see about getting information on who actually has your money. If you want to spend the time I'm sure you can go to the police and at least see what they can do, considering your case isn't all that important to them. One reason I don't even look for things on ebay. Good luck.

BlackViper

Well I thought he could be trusted and if I post about him in a certain forum won't they lock or delete my thread? I mean I used paypal to pay is there anything I can do. Also thanks for trying to help......

Originally posted by BlackViper
Hyena, I think he wanted a different answer than that. Perhaps one without a 25 to life sentence involved.
WTF? my name is humphrey. :confused:

PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process helps protect PayPal members when a merchant does not deliver goods as promised. If you have been unable to resolve a dispute with a seller, you may file a Buyer Complaint Form
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/buyer-complaint-outside

(go to the Security Center link in the footer of any PayPal page) to initiate an investigation. PayPal will investigate your complaint and attempt to recover any funds you are owed. You will be entitled to the return of any funds PayPal is able to collect on your behalf. However, fund recovery is not guaranteed.

Please review our Buyer Complaint Policy
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_buyer_complaint-outside
to learn the specific terms and conditions of the Buyer Complaint Process.

I think blackviper has reading problems :confused: But that sucks man, if he lives anywhere near you, go to his house, with the hood, and demand your money back. If you;re not too scary-looking, bring one or two strong friends. Or throw a brick through his window.

Originally posted by 95gster
Tomorrow I'll have picture of the so called only needing clear coat hood and if that guy won't refund my money I'll let everyone on this board know who the hell he is.

Do Not Post His Name On This Forum. This is something you should settle between you and the seller, not You, The seller and this forum.

Originally posted by thekellbeast
I think blackviper has reading problems :confused: But that sucks man, if he lives anywhere near you, go to his house, with the hood, and demand your money back. If you;re not too scary-looking, bring one or two strong friends. Or throw a brick through his window.

Sorry but his old name was better. I can read just fine thank you. See how good I can read.

thehyena
Suspended
92 Talon TSi AWD
-- Other Parts of the World
registered Mar 2003

theunstoppable
DSMTuners Member
92 Talon TSi AWD
-- Other parts of the World
registered Nov 2003

BlackViper

Originally posted by BlackViper
Sorry but his old name was better. I can read just fine thank you. See how good I can read.

thehyena
Suspended
92 Talon TSi AWD
-- Other Parts of the World
registered Mar 2003

theunstoppable
DSMTuners Member
92 Talon TSi AWD
-- Other parts of the World
registered Nov 2003

BlackViper

This thread is obivously going No-where fast.
So lets just cut to the chase.

So you got a problem with a seller take it up with them.
If you didn't get pictures of the item that you are spending money on then its going to be a chance you take.

It sucks that it happens like that but thats just the way the cookie crumbles.

XerxeS sez, moderaterz dun like it wen ya cumplayn bout getin jipped. You best stfu, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back