The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Help me go low 10s then 9s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

because 400whp and 6.8 1/8's don't go together. 400whp is like an 7.8-8.0 1/8mi. I made 150hp more than you on the pass on my profile, and only went 7.2 in the 1/8 with a better 60'. Even only running 550' it still sounds like a cool place. I wish there were more down 'n dirty outlaw tracks. There is an outlaw 1/8 by me at school, and i visit often. I even made passes on my YZ450 LOL!

If you want to run 9's you'll slicks and 700whp unless you have an auto or are a magic driver. Take a look at talondaves setup. I think it's doable on the bep. Badman made 680, and that should go 9.99 on a good pass with slicks. But your not gonna do it on pump. you'll need E85 or Q16 or VP Import.

E85 not avalible was planning on c16 and i have studied talo. Daves setup :) i definitely never said id make 9s on pump gas, but so far the car has seen nothing higher then 100 octane once now its on 94 since im in canada but in washington all there is was 92 and thats what all my passes and dyno runs were made on; and it wasn't even tuned for 100oct,
More for knock protection. The day i went to the 1/4 and filled up with 100 it rained out, never got to run but it was a fun ride home.

I'm not gonna do it with a bolt on setup..... I'm gonna do the bep .70 t3... Did you even read the first post?

I don't think there is any telling what it would be until i run it. Ive had tuning and timing issues and a few mechanical till just recently that were counting against me also.

I have similiar goals but I understand I need to run an 11 before I can run a low 10!! I am on a similiar setup except I have the t3 .70 ar and am a 2.3. I am also going to be running e85 and hope to make 600whp @35psi. Good luck with your goals man! I am excited to see how the hx40 compares to the hx35. I ran a 12.1 @119 @ 30psi of boost in the fall on a worn out 120psi 6bolt. I am still finishing my build hop!ing to dyno tune late january!

Well this is my primary car right now, thats why i have the bolt on. Plus the bep .70 t3 hasn't proven to be that laggy for street use according to others. I intend to make this a full track car one day. I get all my seat time in the streets though at the moment. I plan to put in a cage with in the next two years, sooner if i am forced to. I'm a welder now, sad thing is i have a tig but no bending utilities :(

that .55 a/r bolt on housing isn't a restriction. It makes for more usable/streetable power. I have a BEP S366 in the same housing and I'm going for 9's in a guttted 1g also. Yeah, I have an 82 lb/min turbo bolted to a stock manifold...although its ported to all hell. The only restriction I see is your intake manifold. The stock manifold makes power really fall off over 6k rpms. Expecially if you're on stock TB...forget it. Make sure you have very free flowing exhaust with that turbine housing also. I did side exit straight 3".

Try to make the power i make with that housing.

Isn't this a thread for the newbie section? "how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet" is right in the newbie section header. Except you want 9's....

Not everyone needs to go through 3 or 4 setups before realizing their final goal. Id rather get my goal in the quickest cheapest most efficient way. I'm 24 I'm not new to racing. Ive had this car for 2 years and my build was overseen and somewhat mentored by someone who runs a 750awhp 2g with an fp t04z88hta. It is a purpose built motor.

So why are you asking us if you have a "mentor" giving you all this direction. If you want to run 10s you have to lighten your car and make over 500whp probably.

Because you asked a bad question. Go to the track times list on this website, click peoples profiles who have run 10s or 9s and see what mods they have and what their cars weigh. There are so many cars now adays running 10s questions like this shouldn't need to be asked.

9.2:1 mahle & Scat 2.0 6 bolt acl bearings .020 over
All arp 2000 hardware rod bolts, mains, head studs
Stock intake manifold 2g
2g head not ported
Bc 272/272s
Stock springs
Stock 1g TB
Stock cam gears
3g lifters
Hx40 on bolt on .55
dnp tunular manifold dsm flange
Pte 1000cc
A1000afpr -6an from rail
Stock tank to rail line
Wally 255 hp not rewired
ETS 4" fmic
Tial 38
3" dp back
Stock 02 housing
Shep stage 3 evoiii 1st
Stock rear end and drive shaft and t case
Act 2600 on sprung 6 puck
Blown kyb agx on eibachs

There you go. Change all those parts. You can look at my mod list since I make more than enough power for an AWD car to run bottom 10s and we have the same turbo.

Spoon feeding over.

Dam gotta be a dick Brooooooooooooo

Yeah the claimed 1/8th track called evergreen speedway is only a 550 ft track. They lie when they advertise it. Why do you sound so surprised though?

The shep stage 3 only has an evo3 first,
2nd 3rd and 4th are shep spec hardened gears. It *might* hold, i already blew the center diff once. Trevor at shep said long as idont shift at 9k rpm without double synchros i should be able to hit my goal with it. I think i have the slip copied somewhere here. I don't know the mph off the top of my head inthink it was around 80 mph so a real 1/8th i would have had 100 feet to go. How evergreen isnset up is you race down the straight side of an oval track. It's quite terrable. The first two weeks i thought i actually ran a 6.8 but coukdent understand why my mph was so low,
The logs showed higher mph top, it's just a shotty track. Only went there one day.

You for sure can run 9's with this tranny and the proper clutch/driving style.

I have 50+ passes on mine and I'm sure i'm making a little power..I have no doubt it will get me in the 9's. You may need to freshen the synco's a season if you beat on it good, but you shouldn't just assume your tranny is going to grenade. You breaking differential's is your driving style. You definitly can't expect anything to stay together with blown suspension either. Get that chassis setup to take the power, get a properly setup clutch in that thing, and you'll be fine.

The center diff was the stock one before the shep rebuild with 125k on it, shifted into 3rd at 2500 and rolled on the boost then bam goes 3 rd and 4th slider and center diff LOL :) yeah the suspension is the next thing to be worked out it's rough and I've already lost an oil pan bolt :/.

Well as an update...I'm running the "bolt on" S366 and first tuning session went well. 30 psi on pump gas, 10.8 afr and 3 degrees timing and then the laptop died. LOL. This .55 a/r housing hasn't even showed any signs of choking and i'm on a huge smim and bc 280's. 2nd gear rolling burnouts are fun....i never realized a dsm 2nd gear went to 80mph at 9200 rpm's. :)

This wasn't even a full 3rd gear pull. afr was right on the computer but i had my uego set to p00. This log is from the middle of tuning it. thats why it looks like power starts to drop off after 7200 but it definetly doesn't. I'm on the upwards of 500whp realistically. My trap speed this saturday will tell.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Try to make the power i make with that housing.

I thought you were on the t3 housing?

Last edited:
so your saying your making over 500hp just on 3 degrees of timing??? or after adding 3 degrees of timing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back