The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

help me get this straight...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1FlyTsiVT

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2003
VermontUS
there is 2 filters.. 1 is the air intake to the intake mainfold, and the other is the filter going to the turbo.. correct? i see a lot of filters on ebay but they are just the cones without piping.g. are the cones the ones for the intake or the turbo? u can see the cone on the left side of the engine bay there going to the turbo, then the chrome is the piping from the intake mainfold to the other cone correct? what is the diff? i am stock engine right now.. does removing the cover on the cone to the turbo affect it? sorry if i used ur pic for the example...

Attachments

• dsc00158-1.jpg
    dsc00158-1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 132
is this a stock intake for the turbo with the cover removed from the cone? someone give me some geneal info and are the cone on ebay alright for the turbo cone? all cones are about the same more or less... just quality and price correct?

um, that looks like a stock 1g air filter with part of the airbox cut away, which kinda makes it like a home made cone filter with heat shield

i still dont get what the 'other' filter is you are talking about

LOL!:laugh:

Heres how it works, you got the Air filter on the intake which leads to the turbo, the turbo blows the air out down through your lower intercooler piping which leads to your intercooler which is in your left front fender, the air goes up out of the intercooler into the upper intercooler pipe which leads to your intake manifold and into the engine.
There is only one air filter.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back