The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help me decide what to do!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
Ok so I'm stuck on what to do for this spring. I have my mighty max and my gsx. The gsx is at the point where if I do a few more mods to it ill be really pushing the stock bottom end and transmission. I was thinking of possibly take the engine out of my eclipse and putting it in the mighty max and getting the truck running and have that as the play car for this summer. Then slowly build my eclipse over the next year and come out ready to make some serious power next year.

My friend had a mighty Max before so he already has an intake for it and water neck to fit in the truck without clearance issues. The only thing else that would need done is getting the gm trans plate that I need and get a transmission off Craigslist and take the driveshaft to the shop right down the street and have it made to fit my drivetrain.

Since my truck is carbed I would need to do an electric fuel system too which wouldn't be hard at all. My setup trapped 120 last year in my car I figure my parts in the truck with an auto trans should absolutely fly with a good suspension setup.

I have a spare block I can built for my gsx and either get my trans built or auto swap it also. What do you guys think I should do? Push my eclipse and hope it holds up for swap the motor into the truck and get it running? I figure the truck will need about 3000 dollars to be finishes ready to drive with the parts I have.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back