The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Help me decide on a new beater...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephroth57

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2002
Barnegat, New_Jersey
ive been thinking about getting a beater car, not really just for the winter but so i can take my car apart and not have to worry about putting it back together for work the next day. plus cheaper insurance. so ive been lookin at old 300zx (1984-89) and 2040SX, and some old RX-7 but theyre hard to find. basicly i dont wanna spend more then 1000$ and it needs to be fully working. and RWD would be a plus, i want something that is semi cool and will get me around...

any suggestions?

yeah i really have my heart set on an old Z im having trouble findin one though. there were 2 listed on autotrader near me and both were already sold =(

the one was perfect, 1986 TT, 5 speed, black, t tops... what more do u want for 1k

fwdturbobov1996 said:
buying a tt as your beater... might wanna look into another beater then .

agreed. you dont want to end up wasting $$ to keep a beater running, which means NA is the way to go, espicaly when your considering cars that are already 15yrs old. it doesnt havto be cool, its a beater. if anything you want something horrible but dependable so it keeps you motivated to get that 6 bolt swap done :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back