The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Help - Is it possible to get a ECMLink tune from parts list thats close enogh to run the car to get it tuned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't know where to set the TPS to a voltage.

From the graphical display hit F9, click continue, scroll down the list of variables and double click TPSVolts, and click OK. That will tell you what is measured but to adjust it you have to rotate the TPS on the Throttle Body. You will likely have to simulate the Idle Position Switch if your wired to get it from the TPS. If it's wired to the 1G IPS on the back side of the TB you may be good.

You can check the IPS operation like you did the TPSVolts but scroll to IdleSW Pin. It looks like your IPS never closes so it will need adjustment or simulation or a 2G TPS.

To the OP,

Unless you let your tuner know that you also require the car to be calibrated/dialed in, you will want to arrive to your appointment with the car well sorted for idle, cruise, etc. A lot of time is typically wasted fixing mechanical issues as well as the aforementioned calibration. You don't want to be on the hook to pay for stuff you can figure out safely on your own.

It takes a LOT of time to dial in the idle, the injector settings, the maf (or speed density), more than a day on the dyno. All/most of this will affect the ramp run tuning. The good news is that you can safely get the car starting, idling, driving well before your appointment. That will make the ramp run tuning session that much more effective.

Finally, when you figure out where peak power is, ask the tuner to take a couple degrees of timing out of it and add half to a full point of air/fuel back into it. You'll be down 2-3% in power but the safety overhead will ensure you enjoy the car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

made the above changes, car idles a world better, revs to 2 step smoothly, I still am not getting any O2 changes on the actual meter or the logs here, earlier though the physical meter would drop to 12-16 while revving but now stays steady 22.3.

Thanks AGAIN for all the support there.

Attachments

• log.2022.08.06-07.elg
    313 KB · Views: 11
So after taking a look at your log i seen that your front o2 did switch from 20 to 80 which is strange since that sort of switch only happens when your simulating narrowband with the wideband. Sure enough you are set up to simulate. Where is your wideband currently and what pin is being used to log it? 2nd according to your pin assignment ecu side it's telling me your map sensor is wired into the mdp and your wideband is wired into the front o2. Under pin assignment PC side click mdp and select your omni 4 bar and save pin assignment. What brand wideband? They all have different switch points. Check the wiring for the wideband and verify what pin is being used.

Looks like front is normal O2, I removed the simulate narrow band and readings are fluctuating, rear 02 was said to be LC2 but there is only a LC1 setting in the ecm link, and that sensor does not appear to report an changes on logs

Attachments

• log.2022.08.08-02.elg
    52.2 KB · Views: 13
You need to capture the wideband by hitting f10 under the stream tab. You should also add combinedFT and STFT. Once they have been captured they can be added to your display. Also the log looks much better know that your o2 is fluctuating like it should.

here are some thoughts, the TPS reads 94% at WOT, also ity appears its reading a diff voltage now as well in idle off a hair from the .63 i set it to. I unchecked locked rear 02 voltage for this log and do see some fluxuation now as well. The car is actually drivable currently but would like too get it cleaned up as best i can before i take to the tuner next month.

Attachments

• log.2022.08.09-04.elg
    51.8 KB · Views: 17
Start a log, and press the gas to the floor and release (in your case, do this with the engine idling). Then right click on the graph. Select tps adj and it will give you an adjustment. Save and recheck.

Are you using the stock front O2 sensor? If so, you have to change this to undefined. This is used when you're simulating narrowband signal off your WB.

You're not displaying Map, IAT and probably WB.

Last edited:
I did the TPS adjust, after pressing 100% ext now the WOT is good but the idle is at 2-3%, did a fulll range a few times and re-adjusted the TPS and still off on idle, I assume I need to re-adjust mechanically. Also adjusted the o2 to undefined, and it appears im getting a steady 5V from the rear WB, starting to think this may be a bad sensor.

Attachments

• log.2022.08.11-03.elg
    157.6 KB · Views: 12
MAP and IAT are not available options to log, the cable has slop, not near taunt
Those values have to be captured first, then displayed. Check the video I linked. While the car is idling, try to close the throttle manually.

Rear o2 started flashinf 7.4 on the meter and from what I read thats a bad sensor, ording a new WB, most likely a desnso
This is your wideband correct? And what brand wb? You mentioned it was reading 5v before so I’m confused. It should read the same gauge vs what link sees.

These should help you

IDK if blinking 7.4 is a sensor malfunction tbh. Thought it was a E code. Not sure which innovate you have but this is for mtxl. Search how to calibrate your WB on their wesite

Do a free air calibration of the O2 sensor.

I was able to add the direct LC1 setting in to the log, stil can not add the speed density parts and even added a display as in pin mapping for the IAT and MAP!
First, are you capturing those values?
Second, are you displaying those values?
If either values are only on the left side, they need to be moved to the right side by selecting it and clicking the button to move to the right side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back