The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Help identify this BOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94lt1

Probationary Member
Sep 18, 2011
Wheaton, Illinois
Can anyone give me any info on this BOV? I'd search for it myself, but theres no part #

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's an old school spring based bov.It should come with 2 springs.No idea on the part number.

If you twist the top off there shall be the spring, then the piston, and a snap ring that holds the piston from coming out.

RFLs have a horn. That's a Type H.

Still fluffing that post count, eh Bud?

RFLs have a horn. That's a Type H.

Still fluffing that post count, eh Bud?

I thought we were done with this back and forth thing..Anyway no.

I happen to have a blue one of these I bought from a 2g guy some years ago..

I would also be happy to be reset back to 0.But since that's not an option.I think I would rather go forward with the correct information..I have made enough mistakes..And it's because of people like you, that I have learned form them(I hope) and even learned a thing or two..

So I hope to not make mistakes.But making mistakes and being punished is how you(ME) will learn.

So please, can we just go forward?

Consider it done.But dont forget if im kinda off on the answer trying to asnwer the best i can. Holding my hand would be nice. I have much to learn. But im gonna make a real effort this time not to mess around. Jokes are still fair game.

Im on my phone. So no auto capitalization. Fixed now.

We don't have one, but if we did, my posts would overload the SQL back end, anyway. ;)

Back to the BOV? ;)

If it were up to me, I'd ditch that one and get a turbo xs rfl. Sounds amazing trust me you won't be disappointed.

Except for the fact that you can't recirculate either bov. Buying a blow off valve for the sound it not smart. The function and efficiency of the bov is the most important thing. A dodge garage modded 1g bov would be more than sufficient for most people.

Either way these BOV's leak, A LOT!!
or i havent been lucky with them :p

I have experienced the same. They don't hold pressure well. The piston is the same diameter on the top as it is the bottom so there is no way for it to be held closed under boost. The spring is the only thing holding it because of that. A properly designed bov will have a more surface area on the upper part of the piston or diaphragm than the lower so that it can be held closed by the pressure in the bov line.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back