The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help identify 2 turbo flange styles (Mazda)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

210 dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
san antonio, Texas
Ultimately what I'm trying to do right now is source some basic exhaust flange templates to build a custom manifold and turbo downpipe. I'm using a stock k04 Turbo off a Mazda CX-7 or mazdaspeed 3 and I'm trying to mount it to a car it has no business being on.

I'm having lots of trouble searching online for what I'm looking for and I'm starting to think that these style flanges are more a OEM specific style rather than a common design that I may easily be able to find and purchase online. If that's the case perhaps finding a junkyard CX-7 and butchering its original exhaust system and using those connection points for my custom project would be the best route. Idk.

Can anyone identify what these two flange styles are called ( so i can property search online for them ) and where I might be able to buy them as a bare flange DIY kind of thing. I'll post pictures of what I need, and hope someone on my trusted DSM forum will be able to help. I've recently gone on to Mazda and other generic turbo forums looking for information that I need there with absolutely no luck.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Heres a pic of the factory Mazda manifold.
the two gaskets here are to help show you what the pattern looks like.
this is the actual turbine housing that I'm needing to build exhaust parts for.

Worst case scenario, since you have a gasket you can always get a new flange custom cut.
Yeah I've thought of doing this too, thanks fpr the response. And i might have to go that route, or just go with a different turbo altogether. I'd still like to see if anybody know what they are and where i might be able to just buy em.

Keep in mind that VW and Audi has used the K03/K04 turbo's for years, those guys mod those cars like crazy and have for a long time, you might want to look at those models for either flanges or a more common hotside from one of them that will fit your turbo and give you more options.

Last edited:
BINGO!
thank you Hiroshi. I also found the 5 bolt discharge flange on ATP's website and was coming on here to post it. I had not yet found the 4 bolt inlet, but thanks to you i got that one too. I really appreciate everyone's input.

And then there's this...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back