The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Help I am Confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxer132c

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2004
Fairview Heights, Illinois
Is the MAF sensor connector on the engin harness or fuse box harness and I am doing a 6 bolt swap and the coil pack connector on the wiring harness is not connecting to the motor...it is the same shape and should fit but it is not....I have a 1996 GST with a 1990 motor.. do I need to get the coil pack connector from the 1990???

also do the 95-96 engin harnesses come with clip on battery cables?? because they didnt come with any and the guy said they were clip ons and sent them to me

Boxer132c said:
I have a 1996 GST with a 1990 motor. Do I need to get the coil pack connector from the 1990???
You should be swapping most of the sensors, coil pack, transistor module, etc over from the 2G engine rather than try and use the '90 parts.

Steve

Yeah, you want to swap all sensors from your 7 bolt to the 6 bolt motor. Coil pack, knock, coolant temp, oil pressure tps, isc etc. Your profile says non turbo...
Make sure you also swap the plate where your starter goes before you bolt your tranny on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back