The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help. How to install the HID.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 7, 2011
New Haven, Connecticut
On duty now, Im tryig to install my xentec HID but im very confuse. I never done this before and also my headlight is not stock. It a halo headlight and im trying to install but i have no idea. :sosad:

You probably have the wrong bulb type.
Do you know what style bulb your headlight takes?

no i dont know how to figure that out? I just went on ebay and order HID xentec and they email me back and say what kind of car i got. i told them 98 gs eclipse and they got it for me. So once i got it, I have no idea how to install it.

Well its pretty easy I do a lot of installations around here in michigan. Easiest way to explain is to.
1. Replace old bulb with hid.
2. Run wires that use to plug into bulb into your hid ballast.
3. Then plug the wires that are apart of your ballast into your bulb.
Pretty simple actually. But if they don't turn on the switch the plug that goes from the car to the ballast. Just flip it around amd then try it. But you cant mess up the ballast to bulb wiring they only go one way. If you continue to have probs message me and ill walk you thru it.

well since you didnt tell them you had aftermarket headlights, they probably gave you the kit to fit the stock ones.
Im willing to bet your aftermarket headlights are an H1 type, whereas the factory headlights are a 9006 type.
Im also willing to bet your new HIDs are a 9006 application.

well since you didnt tell them you had aftermarket headlights, they probably gave you the kit to fit the stock ones.
Im willing to bet your aftermarket headlights are an H1 type, whereas the factory headlights are a 9006 type.
Im also willing to bet your new HIDs are a 9006 application.

dang i didnt tell them i have a aftermarket headlight. Yea, they must gave me bulb for stock one. My headlight is on my display picture if you can see.

Take the bulb out of your housing you have now and see what the bulb says it tells you right on it.

It doesnt look like i cant take the bulb out. It wire and it square small bulb i think.

Take the bulb out of the aftermarket headlamp. Check the size and return the other one and have them send you the correct one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back