The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Help! How to disable anti-theft alarm system

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The previous owner of my GSX broke the plastic clips on those door lock sensors while he was in the process of breaking everything else on the car, so he removed the fuse and relay for the horn and just ignored it. The alarm still went off flashing the exterior lights, but it no longer made a sound. All because he was too cheap to replace a blown hatch strut that kept setting off the alarm because the car thought the hatch was still open. But it sounds like these sensors are exactly what you need. I've bought a few from ebay and other sources that promised quick shipping, but they always threw them into a bubble mailer and they arrived in multiple pieces every single time. I FINALLY bought a pair from MitsubishiPartsWarehouse that arrived in one piece and I am very ready to not have my alarm go of every time I unlock the car with the key. I have a FOB but the case is broken and it no longer stays on a key ring. I'm still in search of a new FOB case.

these ones?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

these ones?

Uh yeah I know already that I need to research but I've looked pretty much everywhere on YouTube and Google but none really specifically say with certainty what needs to be done. So I drove an hour away from home this morning and my power steering/alternator belt broke and I'm pretty sure not 100% but the waterpump maybe too, anyways my question is, how do I install the belts cause I pulled over as soon as I smelled burning rubber and as soon as I pulled into the maverick my battery light was on and ps was completely gone and I knew immediately it broke but checked to be sure and sure enough it was. Anyhow I need a diagram and also some instruction on a how to please and thank you.

P.S. I just got hired on at o'rilley's and I start today 😂 what a great coincidence

Edit: car has ac thats the only difference between the cars I read about the belts for. Thats why I'm asking in this thread even though it has nothing to do with it I just need help quickly

I'd recommend starting a new thread since this new problem is unrelated to your alarm question. Congratulations on the new job!

How exactly is this supposed to go on the cylinder lock? It clips on i can see that but how exactly?

The previous owner of my GSX broke the plastic clips on those door lock sensors while he was in the process of breaking everything else on the car, so he removed the fuse and relay for the horn and just ignored it. The alarm still went off flashing the exterior lights, but it no longer made a sound. All because he was too cheap to replace a blown hatch strut that kept setting off the alarm because the car thought the hatch was still open. But it sounds like these sensors are exactly what you need. I've bought a few from ebay and other sources that promised quick shipping, but they always threw them into a bubble mailer and they arrived in multiple pieces every single time. I FINALLY bought a pair from MitsubishiPartsWarehouse that arrived in one piece and I am very ready to not have my alarm go of every time I unlock the car with the key. I have a FOB but the case is broken and it no longer stays on a key ring. I'm still in search of a new FOB case.
I have a 2nd fob if you need it. Is it this one?

the ridge in the middle of the switch needs to go into the slot on the key lock cylinder

these 2 tabs are what holds the switch on the lock

it should look like this

the ridge in the middle of the switch needs to go into the slot on the key lock cylinder

these 2 tabs are what holds the switch on the lock

it should look like this
I already put my door panel back on for the night but ill try this out tomorrow, thank you I appreciate it so much

I have a 2nd fob if you need it. Is it this one?

Nope. I don't know what that is but that's not visually similar to the Eclipse FOB. The Eclipse (and 3000GT) remote looks like this:

Okay, so I have it on the cylinder but I can't get it to clip on exactly right. Could you post a picture of it where it clips on exactly. I don't know why I'm having such an issue with it

Ahh i see. Yeah this one says it works on the 98 gst and I'm hoping I can get it to work. Whenever I put my car in on Amazon and ebay it said this one would work
Nope. I don't know what that is but that's not visually similar to the Eclipse FOB. The Eclipse (and 3000GT) remote looks like this:

Okay, so I have it on the cylinder but I can't get it to clip on exactly right. Could you post a picture of it where it clips on exactly. I don't know why I'm having such an issue with it

Rotate the orange plastic clip clockwise in order to unlock the metal rod and pull it out. Using a flathead screwdriver pry the metal wire clip away from the plastic handle. Not enough to remove it but just to lift it some. The entire lock cylinder can then slide out of the handle. Installation of the plastic sensor is trivial when the cylinder is out of the car. If I had to guess, the slot on the lock and on the sensor aren't perfectly aligned but it's better to pull it out and work on it where you can see it than risk breaking it.

I just replaced my door sensors yesterday. Driver side went without a hitch but the passenger side lock cylinder is actually broken and needs to be replaced. The previous owner of my car shouldn't be allowed near vehicles.

Rotate the orange plastic clip clockwise in order to unlock the metal rod and pull it out. Using a flathead screwdriver pry the metal wire clip away from the plastic handle. Not enough to remove it but just to lift it some. The entire lock cylinder can then slide out of the handle. Installation of the plastic sensor is trivial when the cylinder is out of the car. If I had to guess, the slot on the lock and on the sensor aren't perfectly aligned but it's better to pull it out and work on it where you can see it than risk breaking it.

I just replaced my door sensors yesterday. Driver side went without a hitch but the passenger side lock cylinder is actually broken and needs to be replaced. The previous owner of my car shouldn't be allowed near vehicles.
Yeah most people shouldn't even touch their own cars they should just take it to a friend that knows what they're doing or to an actual shop. But you're talking about these right?

Honestly I really don't need it on there at this point because I have my key fob working and put my horn relay back in so the alarm system actually works now and doesn't go off every time I open the door. Yesterday when I went to fix that sensor it wasn't clicking indicating the alarm was tripped and I wondered why, and that's why I was finally able to do the fob. Which took all of 5 minutes max and now both of my fobs work. But yeah so my keyless entry is fixed and my alarm isn't going off anymore thanks to you guys and I appriciate it so damn much I love this community ❤

Yeah most people shouldn't even touch their own cars they should just take it to a friend that knows what they're doing or to an actual shop. But you're talking about these right?

Yes, those are what I meant. If you've got the sensor in one piece you might as well stick it back on. It's a 10 minute task start to finish and the doors and trunk locks are used to stop the alarm once it has been triggered. And you'll need them in place to unlock the car if your remote battery dies.

Yes, those are what I meant. If you've got the sensor in one piece you might as well stick it back on. It's a 10 minute task start to finish and the doors and trunk locks are used to stop the alarm once it has been triggered. And you'll need them in place to unlock the car if your remote battery dies.
Okay, ill get it put on there then, and yeah it hasn't went off since the other day even using the key to unlock the doors

cut the immobilizer out of the circuit assuming you can still turn your ignition switch to acc on

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back