The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Help! How to disable anti-theft alarm system

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaLaOC

Proven Member
Mar 16, 2021
La Grande, Oregon
I read on here that you can disable anti-theft by removing the fuse (relay) under the dash but that hasn't worked. I bought a 98 GS-T about a week ago for $1,800 I got an ignition key but no door key. (I have a remote on the way) so my question is, and I know it doesn't have the immobilizer but how can you fully disable it, if you want DM me about it so people can't read it here and use it to steal these cars, I got locked out of my car the other day and had to spend 65$ just to have a local towing shop break into it. Also, how will I have to program the remote I get. I read a little about it but didn't fully understand.

Thanks.

You may try asking your local Mitsubishi Dealer about this.. You mention with this info some one could steal these cars so some one that has only been on site for a week ( probationary member ) how are we to know your an honest person ...
by the way... I don`t know the answer to this question but found all kinds of info by typing in anti-theft system in the search bar
Best of luck

You may try asking your local Mitsubishi Dealer about this.. You mention with this info some one could steal these cars so some one that has only been on site for a week ( probationary member ) how are we to know your an honest person ...
by the way... I don`t know the answer to this question but found all kinds of info by typing in anti-theft system in the search bar
Best of luck
There isn't a mitsu dealer near me or I would have already, but thank you I appreciate the reply

all the locks and ignition should be keyed the same. so your key only works on the ignition and not either door, hatch or glovebox?

the factory anti-theft is controlled by the ETACS, since the ETACS controls other things you can't just remove it. There is an ETACS for vehicles without anti-theft but your existing harness wouldn't be able to plug into it because the connector on your harness is larger.

if you have $200 to blow, you could buy a complete lock and key set. It has the ignition, doors, hatch and glovebox lock cylinders and 2 new keys
https://www.mitsubishidirectparts.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-cylinder-and-key-set-lock-mr376608?c=az0x

Leskovar Mitsubishi
70 miles away from La Grande, , OR
3020 W. CLEARWATER AVENUE
KENNEWICK, WA 99336

You might just have to travel a bit.. This place looks like a hour or so away from you but I believe dusty gave you the best possible solution........:thumb:

Leskovar Mitsubishi
70 miles away from La Grande, , OR
3020 W. CLEARWATER AVENUE
KENNEWICK, WA 99336

You might just have to travel a bit.. This place looks like a hour or so away from you but I believe dusty gave you the best possible solution........:thumb:
Thank you, ill give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do they may be able to help with the vin but if worst comes I will buy new locks thanks guys I appriciate it

If you find the right thread, there is a way to program the oem key fob by bridging a couple pins on the OBD2 port, and doing a specific function with the fob buttons and ignition switch. I've done this once, and it worked great. I can't find it anymore, now that I have to do it again though.

If you find the right thread, there is a way to program the oem key fob by bridging a couple pins on the OBD2 port, and doing a specific function with the fob buttons and ignition switch. I've done this once, and it worked great. I can't find it anymore, now that I have to do it again though.
I have a key fob on the way, should be here tomorrow or the next day hopefully but I'll look into it thank you

This community is great you guys are super helpful

it on page 296 of the 2g tech info manual (pdf version)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Another option would be to change the tumblers on the doors and trunk (I wouldn’t worry about the glove box but that’s up to you) so you can use the same key. If you’re not comfortable with that, you can remove the lock cylinders and bring them to a locksmith.

Another option would be to change the tumblers on the doors and trunk (I wouldn’t worry about the glove box but that’s up to you) so you can use the same key. If you’re not comfortable with that, you can remove the lock cylinders and bring them to a locksmith.
I did a tech article on this. I will post a link.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-rekey-your-2g-door-trunk-glove-box-lock.508114/

The reason that the alarm goes off when you unlock the door without the key is because of a switch on the back of the door lock tumbler. When you use the key from the outside, it turns that switch to a position that disables the alarm. You can unclip this switch from the back of the tumbler and turn it 90°, then just leave it hanging in the door. The alarm won't go off anymore when unlocking the doors without the key.

I did a tech article on this. I will post a link.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-rekey-your-2g-door-trunk-glove-box-lock.508114/

The reason that the alarm goes off when you unlock the door without the key is because of a switch on the back of the door lock tumbler. When you use the key from the outside, it turns that switch to a position that disables the alarm. You can unclip this switch from the back of the tumbler and turn it 90°, then just leave it hanging in the door. The alarm won't go off anymore when unlocking the doors without the key.
Thank you, and I called mitsubishi the one in Kennewick and they said they can make the key for me by vin ( im hoping the previous owner changed the ignition and that's why the key is different) but they said its only gonna cost me $17, so much better than 200 for all the locks! Thanks everyone I appriciate it. Also, ill try the fob programming and if anything goes wrong I'll ask here.

Once again, you guys are awesome

When I bought my car the key only worked in the ignition and drivers door. Wouldn’t turn the p/s door and trunk. I took both cylinders apart and it needed to be cleaned and lubed. Not sure if this applies in your case but something to think about if the new key doesn’t work. Good luck!

its been a long long time since ive done it, but i think it was as simple as
sliding the switch from FIX to SET1, pressing the lock button on the key fob for a second, then sliding the switch back to FIX

the key probably need to be in the ON position

Finally got the key from Kennewick today, but my alarm still goes off every time I open the door even with the key. Which relay on that fusebox under the dash controls the anti-theft? Or is it on the back of the cylinder lock of the door? If someone could DM me an actual picture of where to disable it until I get my key fob I'd greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20210401_185931.jpg
    20210401_185931.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 41
Finally got the key from Kennewick today, but my alarm still goes off every time I open the door even with the key. Which relay on that fusebox under the dash controls the anti-theft? Or is it on the back of the cylinder lock of the door? If someone could DM me an actual picture of where to disable it until I get my key fob I'd greatly appreciate it.
There's a possibility that the switch came off of the back of the lock cylinder in the door and that's why the alarm is staying armed all the time. Pull the door card off and check to see if it has come loose.

There's a possibility that the switch came off of the back of the lock cylinder in the door and that's why the alarm is staying armed all the time. Pull the door card off and check to see if it has come loose.
Is it a plug with 2 wires on it with a circular inside? And if so how do you reconnect it?

it should have 3 wires
it looks like this, the plastic pieces on the side break off like in this pic. I drew the basic shape of the plastic on the right side to hopefully give you an idea of what should be there. When its installed on the door lock cylinder, as you turn the key in the lock, the middle part of the switch also turns

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back