The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G help. horrific knock counts after timing belt change

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf alchemy

Proven Member
Mar 4, 2014
kouts, Indiana
The cars timing wouldn't climb at all due to the knock. So I pulled over and cranked it by only turning the key to start for a half second till I got the marks as close as possible and it looked like it was done properly on the cams. But after doing that. No knock. Absolutely gone. Except the normal random knock I usually see.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a new belt put on which typically in loved replacing other belts and parts to make sure all is well in the timing system as well as cooling and charging system other accessories

Gotcha! Can only hope they replaced the water pump, the place he took it too isn't the best, from personal experience, I'm not shocked they got the timing wrong.

I bought a whole kit excluding water pump.(120.00) Was told it was replaced. Was also shown receipt. Plus the bracket for the tensioner had a slight chip in it. That was 50.

Update. Found out what the knock is. Nothing engine internal....and its because of something I can't fix correctly. But itl get taken care of soon....or...well if the throwout bearing is causing 42 continuous knock should I change it immediately? Or can it wait a week?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back