The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Help getting car to idle on SD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N54Gen

Probationary Member
Apr 3, 2021
East bethel, Minnesota
Just bought a 1998 GSX manual that has an ECM link V3 HX35 1200cc injectors FPR not sure about the fuel pump but it was upgraded i think since it made 400 wheel on the dyno. The story so far is the car has been sitting in a garage for 5 years and i bought it from this girl who owned it that doesnt really know what her EX Boyfriend did to it.. I have dyno papers of it but im pretty sure that it was tuned on MAF not SD by DB performance in Minnesota. Iv watched many videos on these cars and ECM link and SD im just trying find someone to kind of get me set up where the car will just idle before i bring it in for getting it tuned i also bought this car to learn how to tune it but finding out SD tuning is harder over MAF. So i took apart the AFR and TRU boost Guages to find out the AFR guage is the older one that connets to ciggerete lighter and the other plug goes into my drivers seat plug that i think is the rear o2 plug? I think i will need a new AFR X series guage to connent to my ECU so i can read wideband info on my logs? Im pretty sure my connections for SD work fine in ECM link. I have made a log of the car starting cold my FPR shows like 48 on the guage and my SD map is super red ive never seen other maps look like that but i don't know what to really change since im not sure if everything is reading correctly. Reading my AFR guage when the car starts and warms up it starts at 12 and keeps going up and starting stumbling after 15 AFR and maxes out after it starts running bad. Old gas has been flushed out and plugs are new. I will make a video tomorrow of the car starting and show AFR gauge to make it easier to see what it does. it has no codes

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• log.2021.04.14-01.elg
    237 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
You have to set up the TPS correctly to 0.63V at idle.

It's running super lean. The injectors are either clogged or they are NOT 1200cc. Verify what injectors you have before trying to tune anything.

Is a wideband installed?

It's running super lean. The injectors are either clogged or they are NOT 1200cc. Verify what injectors you have before trying to tune anything.

Is a wideband installed? I havn't checked im guessing wideband is not installed since the guage doesnt connect to the ECU any way to check if o2 is wideband or not?
I just did the TPS adjust until it stopped doing adjustments how would i change the volt to match 0.63? i just did the TB adjust from the other link and think i did it the right way with the 2 bolts and making it wot and tightening it. il go take a look i have the model # of the injectors

You need a longer log for us to get some data from.
Here is a longer log and i do 2 revs after it almost wants to die.

Attachments

• log.2021.04.14-02.elg
    18 KB · Views: 22
  • log.2021.04.14-01.elg
    51.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Is a wideband installed?
01D135B12001142.252.6EV1
^ Injector
Looking at the Guage

AEM 35-8460 i don't think it comes with a WIDE BAND o2 sensor its just the guage and goes into the stock o2? Showing the extra wires none are connected to the ECU​

In the RPM/TPS tab. Set your Coasting FC offset to 100rpm. Save to ecu.

To do the TPS adjust. With the engine off, key to on position. Do a start capture. Cycle the gas pedal from all the way up and all the way down a few times. Then stop capture. Then right click the graph and do TPS Adjust. Now save. Then start the car.

Then send anothe log .

In the RPM/TPS tab. Set your Coasting FC offset to 100rpm. Save to ecu.

To do the TPS adjust. With the engine off, key to on position. Do a start capture. Cycle the gas pedal from all the way up and all the way down a few times. Then stop capture. Then right click the graph and do TPS Adjust. Now save. Then start the car.

Then send anothe log .
Newest logs i posted i adjusted the TPS

1) Your tps is not set correctly and is tripping your idle switch making the car think it's cruising while idling.
2) Your VE map is super f***ed. Start with an evo or 2g map
3) Get your wideband hooked up to ecu

1) Your tps is not set correctly and is tripping your idle switch making the car think it's cruising while idling.
2) Your VE map is super f***ed. Start with an evo or 2g map
3) Get your wideband hooked up to ecu
got a 2g MAF for $20 at a junk yard but im running short route intercooler with an HX35 with a turbo guard so i don't think there is a way to add the 2g MAF to my current set up. Im going to order a new X series AEM wideband kit and get it running right. So i starting looking around my TPS and i found this which 2 things that have me concerned is the messed up pin and the wrong color wires for the TPS? i ordered a new harness for the TPS.

Noticed this replacment plug has only 3 pins in it ? but OEM one in picture has 4?

Last edited:
I think the 2g has four pins. There doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with your tps or speed density setups. They just to be setup correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back