The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

HELP!! Engine trouble, CEL, Wiring issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i just bought a 1997 eclipse gs n/t, there are many problems and i don't think i posted the first thread in the right place so here's a link to it.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/welcome-forum-member-intros/465027-new-dsm-help.html#post153279162

any ideas anyone??

thanks

I'd start by making a list of the things you need to fix, and then identifying items that are related to group them up into a project package (things to do at the same time). Once you have an idea of what all needs to be done, call around/look online and get some parts estimates and write them all down, and total up the cost of each project. Once you're done you should have a good idea of where you can start and what you need to budget for.

You seem to be having some of the same issues I've been having on my new purchase, so I can feel your pain on a lot of this. Personally I started on core maintenance (getting it stable and running) as well as gutting any electrical issues that I identified.
  • Changed the oil and filter
  • Checked all other fluids
  • Checked the brakes and changed them
  • Planning to change plugs and wires
  • Checked tires and rotated them
  • Checked all door and window seals for leaks
After core stuff I pulled all the amp/sub wiring that looked bad or was poorly done, mapped out the wires and verified the speakers and such worked (I built my own speaker test probe for the stock harness). I also gutted broken parts of the paneling to prevent further damage and get an idea of what screws / bolts / panels need to be replaced, and how I could reroute any wiring that I didn't like.

I hope this gives you a few ideas on how to start. I'm getting off the ground still myself, but with the help of people on the forums I've been able to plan out my project fairly well thus far.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back