The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Help diagnosing problem (no fire cyl 2, and 3)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1G Eclipse94928

Proven Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rohnert Park, California
im getting NO spark on cyl 2, and 3. :banghead:
I have read threw about 20 threads, and i have already done what i thought would fix it... put in new park plugs, wires, power transistor, and coil pack, and i sent my ecu to ecmlink and they gave it the green working light... So now im confused... I was just driving my car home, about to drive off from a stop sign and i give it gas it goes maybe a foot and dies. No sputter or anything just died... At first i though i ran it out if gas somehow, but then after further checking im getting NO spark on cyl 2, and 3. Now im thinking the only thing it could be is wiring in there, so if anyone knows some problem spots or where i could check it would be appreciated, my mechanic is going to bring me the wiring diagrams and my cars manual back friday, (he says he cant use his (engine code checker)Idunno what there called because my car is past 1995) so i was wondering if maybe i could find a shop with one that would work? If anyone has any input or would be able to help me more with pictures, please ask!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Found a rouge hose and connection that was taped to the other wires harness. I fixed that hose but does anyone know what it is??
pictures 1 and 2 are same hose.

Attachments

• IMG_20130710_154304_922.jpg
    IMG_20130710_154304_922.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20130710_154242_663.jpg
    IMG_20130710_154242_663.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20130710_154002_838.jpg
    IMG_20130710_154002_838.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP says he replaced the power transitor. Unless it was unconfirmed working try another one. Other than that I agree to check the cam angle sensor with a known working one.

Definitely the cam angle sensor, I had the same problem and replaced all that ignition stuff. If the CAS doesn't fix the problem, it could possibly be a bad connection somewhere or messed up wire on the harness

Most of us advice to change this and that,,, AND not to mess with new parts because they are NEW,,, But some times, or the part it self is/was defected, or a wire is not right (miss connection), That's why is better to TEST the part and verify there is power where there needs to be.

OP says he replaced the power transitor. Unless it was unconfirmed working try another one. Other than that I agree to check the cam angle sensor with a known working one.

haha, wouldnt that be nice, only way that would happen is if i bough a brand new one, though :sosad: If the car doesnt start when i get the ecu back from ecmlink im going to just bring it into the shop. :/ I found a rouge connector(???????:ohdamn::nono::banghead:) heres some pictures... (also fixced a rouge hose that jumped off the engine.

Most of us advice to change this and that,,, AND not to mess with new parts because they are NEW,,, But some times, or the part it self is/was defected, or a wire is not right (miss connection), That's why is better to TEST the part and verify there is power where there needs to be.

most people advise not to buy new parts?? :| I havent herd that anywhere besides from you. -.- I asm going to test everything once i get my ecu back, but i would rather have a brand new working part then a used working one. :hmm: Any comments as to why?

Pictures are up of that rouge connection, its very short and has no apparent place for it to plug into, and has been like that since i got the car and i have 3,000+miles since then so im wondering if he removed something besides A/C and just left that there? I'm confused.:ohdamn: :toobad:

Definitely the cam angle sensor, I had the same problem and replaced all that ignition stuff. If the CAS doesn't fix the problem, it could possibly be a bad connection somewhere or messed up wire on the harness

My mechanic is starting to piss me off a little, He told me that it couldnt be that, as that was one of the main things i was going to check before i freeking sent my ecu out and spent 500$ on dsmlink, Thankyou for your input though, everyone on here has helped me out more then i could have imagined. :thumb:

Miss understood, Or I didn't explain well.

My point was not to buy new parts, when you don't nee it, a lot of us change parts with new ones with out testing the old one, a lot of times we end up replacing everything and the problem was the 4th or 5th parts that you bought.

A proof of this is tsitalon1995,,,, He changed the CAS after changing all other parts of the ignition.............

If you have the money and want to buy every part that we tell you, then go ahead and buy what ever you want, But we all are here for one purpose, to help and avoid of unnecessary expenses.

But once again, is your money and you can do what ever you want to do.

Fist pic is blurry and can't figure it out, a better pic or different angle might help.

Second hose looks like the canister line (Vacuum).

Third pic is the timing connector, that mean to be like that, you ground it only when checking the timing.:thumb:

Miss understood, Or I didn't explain well.

My point was not to buy new parts, when you don't nee it, a lot of us change parts with new ones with out testing the old one, a lot of times we end up replacing everything and the problem was the 4th or 5th parts that you bought.

A proof of this is tsitalon1995,,,, He changed the CAS after changing all other parts of the ignition.............

If you have the money and want to buy every part that we tell you, then go ahead and buy what ever you want, But we all are here for one purpose, to help and avoid of unnecessary expenses.

But once again, is your money and you can do what ever you want to do.

Fist pic is blurry and can't figure it out, a better pic or different angle might help.

Second hose looks like the canister line (Vacuum).

Third pic is the timing connector, that mean to be like that, you ground it only when checking the timing.:thumb:

Oh well the 2 pictures are the same hose, it plugged in to the engine passager side. Yea that makes more sense i agree with you on that point.. I am going to test everything i can before i take it to the shop once i get my ecu back.

Last edited:
Use the vacuum diagram on your hood if it is still there. If you have a black cas, your ignition problem might be the cas. I just sold a black cas to a guy that had exactly the same issue as you. It fix his problem. Get a green cas. I never seen on goes bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back