The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help choosing BOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanderson111

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2005
El Dorado, Kansas
I've recently replaced my turbo and done supporting mods, upon testing for boost leaks I discovered my stock BOV leaks at about 15 lbs. This is ok for now but I will be turning up the boost as soon as I order my FMIC. My question is what kind of BOV will hold up to 24 lbs of boost and can still recirculate. I was looking into the Greddy type S, but I don't know if this one can recirculate. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

The Greddy Type-S does recirculate and you will not be disappointed with it's holding power or sound.

--Anson

UMR98GSX said:
The Greddy Type-S does recirculate and you will not be disappointed with it's holding power or sound.

--Anson
Might be tough to find one too so you better start looking they are discontinued now. I had to buy an RS and mod the thing to recirc. Appearantly there is a kit now to do it.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17767&cat=0&page=

theres a link to the greddy type rs its for a 95-99 but has both recirc and vented option for $6 if you ever plan to do a MAFT blow through or you can just buy the recirc with it for normal price

also another BOV you might wanna look at

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18013&cat=404&page=1
you may need to buy a recirc kit through HKS i believe

another suggestion
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16158&cat=402&page=1

i have the RFL with my maft setup and im pushing 20 psi on my e3b16g, never had a problem with boost and sounds mean as hell :thumb:

hope this helped

Thanks for the help guys. The reason I have to make up my mind pretty quick is because the FMIC kit I'm ordering from Slowboy, asks for the BOV flange type you want welded on. Im leaning towards the Greddy because there is no extra charge for the Greddy flange, and it sounds like people are pretty satisfied with it.

UMR98GSX said:

--Anson

Greddy Type-S will work great for you.

I would say get a tial and never look back but if you dont have a maft go with the greddy. The type s is great. look for one on ebay.

kanderson111 said:
I've recently replaced my turbo and done supporting mods, upon testing for boost leaks I discovered my stock BOV leaks at about 15 lbs. This is ok for now but I will be turning up the boost as soon as I order my FMIC. My question is what kind of BOV will hold up to 24 lbs of boost and can still recirculate. I was looking into the Greddy type S, but I don't know if this one can recirculate. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

eww do not get the Greddy...

Honestly you should get a hks ssqv and the recirc kit is cheap...

Otherwise I would say a Tial

Go with the Greddy Type RS-I just installed it and it works great. It has a larger valve than the Type S (40mm vs. 37mm) and a stronger spring. I have a full hardpipe w/Greddy flange, so I just purchased the Universal Greddy Type RS BOV Kit ($179) and the outlet adapter ($15).

You can get it at: www.prostreetonline.com

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back