The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help! Car dont wanna make Power...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evo-Jr

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
brooklyn, New_York
Hey guys. After going crazy and spending so much money trying to built this new set up, now the car is not doing what it suppose to do. I dont wanna lip up the car on fire :cry:

This is what i have:
2.3 Stroker, Wiseco 9:1 piston,0.20 Manley I beam,Eagle 100mm crankshaft,Kiggle main girdle,ACL bearings, Fluidampr Damper, Bshaft remove,ARP head studs,3 angle valve job,Custom sheet metal intake manifold,SI dual springs and retainers,SI nitride valves,272/264 HKS,T4 tubular manifold, Precision turbo billet wheel 6268,ACT 6 puck,ACT 2900 pressure plate,Fidanza flywheel,AEM wideband,3" downpipe,FIC bluemax 1450,Walbro pump in tank and bosh 044 inline,MAF, DSM link v3 full..

Took the car to get tuned at a shop in PA, the guys at the shop work all day trying to figured out the problem.. The car only made 433 and 343 torque.. For some reason the car wasnt making boost, only about 23psi on C16.. They though it was the wastegate or the boost controller, they swap both with parts from the shop and nothing. After swapping the parts they gaved it another try and then they said the clutch was slipping which it cant be possible because is brand new, then they said it might be the cams or that my turbo is holding back! 6262sp journal bearing T4 .68 v-band...

Really dont know what to do at this point :banghead: I dont wanna go and spend money that i dont really have on parts that i might not need.. Can someone please help out on this one, im clueless :confused:

Please guys, very confused....

I have actually been following this since your first post because I Have been having these issues forever. I just tried to go back a few post to see exactly what you did but I was unsure so I figured I would ask...unfortunately I have already swapped out the WG and that was not my issue.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Oh ok cool... Well at the moment i feel a little happy cus shes finally making boost, so hopefully i hit the dyno soon and see what happens... Good luck trying to figure out ## problem, keep us posted :thumb:

So is your tuner going to apologize? teehee. Glad it's working

Yes he does. i just hope that when the time comes for me to hit the dyno again, she goes over 24psi which it was the problem the first time! She defently went over 15psi yesterday, but i let go cus it pop really bad that even the engine light came on... Lets hope for the best this year :pray:

Shes running ok for now, just a lil poping problem do to tuning.. I try to post a log on the ecmlink forum but those guys are a lil hard to deal with! I dont know how to mess with it, so they make me feel stupid :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back