The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Help! Car dont wanna make Power...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evo-Jr

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
brooklyn, New_York
Hey guys. After going crazy and spending so much money trying to built this new set up, now the car is not doing what it suppose to do. I dont wanna lip up the car on fire :cry:

This is what i have:
2.3 Stroker, Wiseco 9:1 piston,0.20 Manley I beam,Eagle 100mm crankshaft,Kiggle main girdle,ACL bearings, Fluidampr Damper, Bshaft remove,ARP head studs,3 angle valve job,Custom sheet metal intake manifold,SI dual springs and retainers,SI nitride valves,272/264 HKS,T4 tubular manifold, Precision turbo billet wheel 6268,ACT 6 puck,ACT 2900 pressure plate,Fidanza flywheel,AEM wideband,3" downpipe,FIC bluemax 1450,Walbro pump in tank and bosh 044 inline,MAF, DSM link v3 full..

Took the car to get tuned at a shop in PA, the guys at the shop work all day trying to figured out the problem.. The car only made 433 and 343 torque.. For some reason the car wasnt making boost, only about 23psi on C16.. They though it was the wastegate or the boost controller, they swap both with parts from the shop and nothing. After swapping the parts they gaved it another try and then they said the clutch was slipping which it cant be possible because is brand new, then they said it might be the cams or that my turbo is holding back! 6262sp journal bearing T4 .68 v-band...

Really dont know what to do at this point :banghead: I dont wanna go and spend money that i dont really have on parts that i might not need.. Can someone please help out on this one, im clueless :confused:

Please guys, very confused....

im not to firmiliar with link but, arent you able to raise the flow limit for the maf through it. i know the 3in gm has much more flow than a 1g and im not really shure what its as is limit is but shouldn't that turbo be close to it. I know this isn't the main issue but i was just running through some possibilities.

Is your knock sensor new or atleast in very good condition. and are you ignoring fantom knock.

Once you get the new waste gate with higher sping pressure we will see were you are at.

Knock sensor is pretty old, if i have to get another one I will... I just wanna get this car ready and be able to make the power im looking for..

Dude if nothing changes with the wastegate spring change, I'd seriously look at the turbo at this point. I have seen turbo's especially (PTE journal) bad out of the box. I dont think the cams are limiting you from building boost one bit.

I dont think they are keeping him from building boost but i deffinately dont think they will flow enough for what he is trying to make. They are most likely why his power drops dramaticly in the higher r's

I dont think they are keeping him from building boost but i deffinately dont think they will flow enough for what he is trying to make. They are most likely why his power drops dramaticly in the higher r's

Ok! I went to my garage to work on the car but the wife was bugging me to take her to Walmart LOL... But tomorrow decently would get things done..

I was told by my tuner that the cams were the reason I was dropping power at top end, but he said to get the gsc s3 but I think that's too much cams for my stroker motor.. But for right now I'm gonna hold off on that! I was also told to check the spring on my tial bov, but I don't know if that's true.. But from what I remember, I don't hear my bov.. Maybe spring or the bov went bad?

I have that bov for mad long, I don't know what size spring it has. But tomorrow when I get the car running I'll see what psi it idles..

just becuase the bov is old doesn't really mean anything, i have had a modded 1g hold 28psi. if you didn't specify what spring you wanted in the wg then you will most likely get 7psi spring.

just becuase the bov is old doesn't really mean anything, i have had a modded 1g hold 28psi. if you didn't specify what spring you wanted in the wg then you will most likely get 7psi spring.

Oh ok, so i guess the spring went bad cus I don't heard it anymore...

boost leak test, remove intake and make a blter to fit on the intake of the turbo, put it on and pressurize.

I did that already and i even did a smoke test, the only leak we found doing the smoke test was on the maft sensor which I opened up and silicone the whole thing.. Other then that we didn't see anything else

Ok guys, i did some work today. The tranny is up and ready, just need to adjust clutch pedal and bleed the system more... Is grinding in second gear, but on my next day off i would work on that.. I couldnt put the wastegate on the manifold cus the fire ring of the gate was far out, with the 1.4 bar spring i couldnt get the clamp on. So i had to put a 10 psi spring to be able to clear the the clamp! I didnt drive the car cus i was scared to burn wires because i have to get a dump tube for the gate.. So, so far all parts are in but i no driving yet :ohdamn:

Good to hear. Don't let a shop charge you $200 to fab a damn dump tube either. I had a gate off my exhaust mani on my old old setup and was driving around San Diego looking for a shop that would fab one quick. Cheapest I could find was $180...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

...is what I did, right out the door.

If you can't find anyone that will do it for a reasonable price ($50 or less) just go to the local car parts store and get this stuff. Flexible Exhaust Tubing

:dsm:

:applause: She finally woke up :hellyeah:

I went by a friend shop to make the dump tube for the wastegate, after that i turn the boost controller a little bit and she was making boost :D It felt really good.. I let go because it made a big pop and engine light came on, but the car didnt shut off or anything.. I got on it again on the high way and i let go because it was making boost really fast, but i saw over 15psi for sure...

So what did you do that you think finally showed you results?

I just change the wastegate.. I dont know if you read the begining of the post, but Is a long story. But finally shes making boost, but my friend told me that my turbo has a lot of play so i might need to send it to presicion :banghead: This $hit never ends

I just change the wastegate.. I dont know if you read the begining of the post, but Is a long story. But finally shes making boost, but my friend told me that my turbo has a lot of play so i might need to send it to presicion :banghead: This $hit never ends

I have actually been following this since your first post because I Have been having these issues forever. I just tried to go back a few post to see exactly what you did but I was unsure so I figured I would ask...unfortunately I have already swapped out the WG and that was not my issue.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back