The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Help car breaking up under boost, and pulling all timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon1ggsx

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 12, 2010
Farmington, Missouri
My car was running fine just the other day, but now when it starts making boost it fall on its face boost maxes out like 30+ if full throttle, and timing gets pulled completely -10.1. I've done a boost leak test, fixed a couple leaks, rebuilt throttle body, and replaced all vacuum line, and nothing as help, I've also reset base timing to 5* before tdc and reset Biss and nothing same trouble. The only difference is that now it will make about 7psi before pulling all timing. Also I'm getting nothing but compressor surge, no bov. I have a datalog but don't know how to post them. Also it's Speed density

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have any idea, any input would be nice.

1g bov opens under no load reving car, but i'm getting compressor surge like crazy when it makes boost. It's a big 16g. I have tryed 3 differant wastegates

here's another log from today

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replace plugs and regap to around 25 thousandths. You positive its compressor surge? I cant view logs as I dont have Link. Running Ostrich. Im also running SD.

I'll try to post a video of the sound I'm hereing later today, also just replaced plug about 10 miles ago gap to .28, but will regap to .25 today

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back