The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Help Buying a 2g Mitsubishi Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bormikstel5

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2020
usa, New_York
So I want a (97-99) 2g Mitsubishi Eclipse as my first car. I've been looking on craigslist cars.com all the different types of websites. But what should I look for when I find an ad I like and what should I look for when I go see the car? Help would be very appreciated.

You’re going to find prices and conditions all over the place. You just need to be patient and have the money ready for the right one. The right one depends on your willingness and ability to handle a project. From a $600 shell to 15,000 turn key garage queen. How mechanically inclined are you? Here is a great article about what it takes to get these cars back to base condition. You’ll see that paying someone to do all this work for you could get expensive quickly.

Last edited:
What exactly do you want and what are you going to do with the car? As you said first car I assume this is a daily driver? Lots of questions to be asked and answered before a choice can be made. Regardless of nt, turbo etc none of the cars are newer than 22 years. As such they will require maintenance. Some parts are also no longer available. Things to consider.

So I want a (97-99) 2g Mitsubishi Eclipse as my first car. I've been looking on craigslist cars.com all the different types of websites. But what should I look for when I find an ad I like and what should I look for when I go see the car? Help would be very appreciated.
issue got solved

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back