The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink [HELP ASAP] IC 112 Blew in my ECU. Why? What does it control? ISC tested "ok"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmetiuk

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2010
Edmonton, AB_Canada
IC 112 appears to be blown in the ECU. I checked the ISC motor and I get 38-40 ohms which I believe is high but I dunno.

I have 2 more spare ECUs but I don't want to blow them either.

I removed resistor 39 to add an extra input. In my haste last year trouble shooting what turned out to be a blown turbo to exh mani gasket, I swapped ECUs and forgot to remove that resistor 39.

I dunno why it blew or what that IC112 does but any info would be great.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check for resistance on your fuel pressure solenoid line and your boost control solenoid line (from your unplugged ecu harness to ground) and report back the resistance, there is a problem somewhere in one of those circuits unless that driver was already blown from another car.

Is this for a Turbo 2G?

Based on the picture I'd guess the PCB is marked JE331B677C and IC 112 controls the Boost Control Solenoid and the Fuel Pressure Solenoid.

The IAC is connected to 106 and 107.

Check for resistance on your fuel pressure solenoid line and your boost control solenoid line (from your unplugged ecu harness to ground) and report back the resistance, there is a problem somewhere in one of those circuits unless that driver was already blown from another car.

I will check those and report back in a bit. I am having issues getting the car started at the moment. The ECU did come from another car so its possible that it may have been blown. I have 3 EEPROM ecus and 2 are chipped for ECMLink so I have 1 for spare parts to fix this. But I really need to get the car started first. I'll disconnect the BCS and FPS not to be safe.

I have a spare ECU so I am running that right now, but I think I have a bad CAS b/c I am only getting spark on only 1 coil. Both coils test in the right ohms for both primary and secondary coils. I also can see a voltage pulse when cranking. I swapped PTU's, ECU's, and coils and the problem is always only 1 set of coils is firing.

I checked the signal wire from my 1G CAS and I found that I get 4 pulses of ~5V on the CPS signal wire and no pulses on the CAM signal wire.

Also ECMLink was showing a DTC for the CAM sensor so I'm heavily leaning towards the CAS being bad. I have a diff one on the way so once that is here I and its fixed I will be back on to figuring this out.

Thanks though. :D

Its crazy, car sat for 2 yrs and then I had my OMNI 4 bar stopped working. The IC112 popped (although it was from an ECU I had never opened up before). AND the CAS seemed to have died. I just have elec gremlins right now and its making me crazy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back