The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

help! 6 bolt swap in 2g with left over plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oneslowgs-t

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2012
Danbury, Connecticut
i need to know where these pluse need to go. all sensors are plugged that i have.

i have a 96 spyder with a 6 bolt swap with 1g cas. i perchased the harness from roadrage for the swap. i am not getting spark to my plugs, can that have to do with the 2 left over pigtails?

Attachments

• hjj.jpg
    hjj.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 154
The one on the left there is for the MDP sensor. There are 3 plugs like it, the TPS, MDP, and one that plugs to the transmission for speed detection. I see the TPS is already hooked up so that leaves two options. The other one on the right is for the A/C compressor clutch, 2G crank sensor, or the coil pack. Have you properly wired in the 1G CAS yet?

MDP sensor needs to have a boost/vacuum signal. Use one of the nipples on the intake manifold and attach a vacuum hose from there to the bottom of the MDP sensor. The nipple on the MDP is very short, but you can use a small ziptie and a spot or 2 of crazy glue on the inside of the hose to attach it securely. ~~Or you can buy the MDP adapter that RRE sells.

As mentioned above, looks like you have the AC and Crank connector backwards. Very easy to do if you're not paying attention since the connectors are both triangular.

the transmision sensor is plugged in so that has to be the MDS sensor.

wired in the CAS? i have the harness from road rage for the 1g cas in 2g

The Plug is for your Coils, which is attached close to the MPD, Definitely will not be the AC which the AC has a longer wire and go all the way to the AC compressor location, I can see the plug just comes out from the MPD location, so that makes me to believe that it is your Coil, that's why you have no spark.

Check this out.http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...047-2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.html You can find all the connectors here and find out which one you have.
I think you have the AC Connector hooked up to the Coils.
Here is the Coil plug on a 2g.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/151528349-post7.html

The Plug is for your Coils, which is attached close to the MPD, Definitely will not be the AC which the AC has a longer wire and go all the way to the AC compressor location, I can see the plug just comes out from the MPD location, so that makes me to believe that it is your Coil, that's why you have no spark.

Check this out.http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...047-2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.html You can find all the connectors here and find out which one you have.
I think you have the AC Connector hooked up to the Coils.
Here is the Coil plug on a 2g.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/151528349-post7.html

Dude you rock!! I was looking for this exact information as well!!

Maybe you'll also know where I can buy just a CAS harness, as I already have a greentop CAS but the plug seems to have disappeared.

Dude you rock!! I was looking for this exact information as well!!

Maybe you'll also know where I can buy just a CAS harness, as I already have a greentop CAS but the plug seems to have disappeared.

What you mean by CAS harness, is it the plug by it self?, if it is, what plug you need, the one for the 2g, or the one for the 1g.
If you are looking for the complete harness to plug and play, Road Race has it.

I recently had the exact problem. I alzo have the harness from rre. You must make sure you plug the opposite end of where the cas plug goes (where the plug is that should plug into the crank sensor plug) into the right plug. There are two plugs next to eachother that the crank sensor end of the rre harness will plug into. One i think may be ac. Make sure you try both. this plug should be in the back to the right of the intake. I am almost sure this is your problem. It is hard to explain but i can take a picture of it tommorrow to clarify if you would like. Actually i just realize that it looks like that may be the plug there on the valve cover. Try plugging in your rre harness into that black plug with green on the inside

The plug in the middle that isn't hooked to anything is the coil plug. I am assuming that you have the ac compressor plug connected to the coil instead and that is why it isn't firing. They are the same plug so they are easy to mix up.

The plug in the middle that isn't hooked to anything is the coil plug. I am assuming that you have the ac compressor plug connected to the coil instead and that is why it isn't firing. They are the same plug so they are easy to mix up.

I second that... ac, coil, crank plug all are the same. so mess around with them until you get some results

I second that... ac, coil, crank plug all are the same. so mess around with them until you get some results

The plug on the middle is the Coil plug as bryanwheat stated.
If you look at the plug, it has short wires which it will not reach the Crank connector, The plug is located where the Coil used to be plugged.

The plug on the middle is the Coil plug as bryanwheat stated.
If you look at the plug, it has short wires which it will not reach the Crank connector, The plug is located where the Coil used to be plugged.

the crank and ac are the last plugs on the harness and that is the coil plug on the valve cover. That explains why you are not getting spark.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back