The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WI90DSM

Probationary Member
Sep 28, 2020
New Holstien, Wisconsin
Hello, I have a 1990 Talon Tsi. NOW FINNALLY ALMOST READY FOR THE ROAD AGAIN. I purchased the car about 26 years ago in good condition and drove it for a couple years. I put the car into storage when the windshield cracked, it also needed tires and brakes and I wanted to do the work myself. I had recently purchased a house that desperately needed attention and the car sat longer than I had planned. I have worked at it periodically over the years, replacing the windshield and taking care of issues from sitting. Home ownership, working overtime, marriage, kids, attending college etc. have limited my focus on the project. My car is stock with exception of aftermarket exhaust. It has 91,000 original miles and my son has a spot in his heart for this car. He has been "helping" me with it (learning) recently. I don't have plans to modify or race the car, I like it as it is for a daily driver.

Welcome to the forum! Wow, stored for that long and now resurrecting her, NICE.
Do the maintenance that she needs. At 91k, the timing and balance shaft belts should be top on the list of normal upkeep so she can run on for miles and miles. Try to get us some pictures and a profile for us to see.
Any questions, just ask!
Again, welcome!
Marty

Looks like he is close to Oshkosh.

Welcome to the forum! Wow, stored for that long and now resurrecting her, NICE.
Do the maintenance that she needs. At 91k, the timing and balance shaft belts should be top on the list of normal upkeep so she can run on for miles and miles. Try to get us some pictures and a profile for us to see.
Any questions, just ask!
Again, welcome!
Marty
Thanks for the welcome, timing, balance shaft belts and idlers done along with water pump :) . also radiator, struts, steering rack, all CV boots, alternator, drive shaft support bearings, fuel pump etc.

Can we assume you are from WI? If so, what part?
Yes, from Wisconsin. East central. You?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back