1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Hello! The dct470 question

Posted by Guy Farting, Jan 18, 2021

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Guy Farting

Guy Farting Probationary Member

Joined Sep 4, 2014
    Stanley, North Dakota
    Hello all,
    I'm fairly inactive on the forum but I I do own a dsm. My second one actually. I also own a 2010 Lancer ralliart I traded a bike for for.

Its been tuned to 270whp at map but maxed out there because the clutches were slipping. And not long after the dreaded p1832 code came up and I lost all the even gears.

Now I know Jack's transmissions can rebuild it and install the updated clutch fork(damn neodymium magnet) for around 3300 but I was wondering if there were other options. Can quality parts be sourced? I have the cable for trans tuning, Software is free, and I work in a diesel engine shop. Whats stopping me from doing it my damn self and/or for others?
    Thanks guys 20200528_171705.jpg 20200528_171705.jpg

2. Canadian_CD9A

Canadian_CD9A Proven Member

Joined Feb 10, 2012
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    What are you asking here? If a software solution can fix it, or if you can rebuild it yourself? The SST is a pretty complex transmission. Parts can be sourced and you can try it yourself if you're brave enough, but this is one I would leave to the experts, personally.

3. Guy Farting

Joined Sep 4, 2014
    Stanley, North Dakota
    I was browsing the ralliart specific forums and there is no traffic or recent posts about it. I was really wondering if anyone here had any first hand experience with pulling the trans, or using jacks transmissions rebuilt units.

For a new trans from dealer is 13k. The parts guy laughed over the phone when I ask him to look it up.

Used ones go for 3k to 7k that are most likely burned up too. I watched that Australian guy's channel on YouTube and the only thing I can't do is trial and error on a jig for the little magnet on the shift fork.

I'm looking for ideas or other options really

4. randman2011

randman2011 Proven Member

Joined Feb 26, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I can't speak to the DCT at all but I did have Jack's build my GSX transmission after meeting up with them at the Shootout in 2019. It's fine. For having double synchros on each gear it doesn't shift the greatest, but I haven't had time to fix my poorly adjusted shifter cable bracket and weak centering spring to see if that's the cause. I'm not ready to blame that on the transmission just yet. The rebuild was quick and they were pretty upfront about what they found when they tore into my core and what my options were for repair. Price was as advertised plus the replacement OEM first gear that we had discussed.

Street Build 1K  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. Guy Farting

Joined Sep 4, 2014
    Stanley, North Dakota
    Alright I'm glad to hear your experience, Im Going to email them and I will report back

6. Guy Farting

Joined Sep 4, 2014
    Stanley, North Dakota
    WOW I love this forum, I scrolled down and clicked the link to jacks. Thats good stuff. I ended up calling them and spoke with a lady. She told me about 6 weeks is average turn around time and that they are flexible with payment at beginning or end of build.

Thats pretty cool in the case of not knowing exactly whats going to need replaced. She also told me to email what work I was expecting to do so she can make a quote that may lead to saving some cash over the listed price online.

Thanks for replying dudes and I'm going to be posting in the hangout more often until I can start a build journal on the 1990 "MAD BYRD"