The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Hello, just joined

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverSpyder98

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2022
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Hi, I just joined and want to introduce myself. My name is Josh and I sort of got into this by accident 3 years ago. My old car bit the dust and I was looking for another car particularly a two door one with a manual transmission, that would be fun to drive and work on and cheap to buy. After looking for awhile and not finding anything in my price range that looked interesting I ran into Eclipses that I remembered as a fun car from back in the day when they first came out. Most however were all beat up and/or really high mileage but eventually I ran into a silver Eclipse Spyder within a couple hours from where I live that was traded in by it's original owner when she felt she was too old to drive stick anymore. I got lucky because it was relatively low miles and had been garage kept all it's life so it was the perfect car to get some driving in while working on it and not having to always do emergency work on. I really knew very little about these cars but as I've done work on it and gotten more into it, I realized the car is a keeper and it was time to join the community. My goals which may change as I go along are to renew the parts that are worn out just from age with sympathetic upgrades as I go through that process (My goals often change, so who knows what the future will hold. They tend to grow in scope!). Initially I just fixed a lot of aging things (things like a new alternator, broken power antennae, the notorious door handle that broke, and a host of other small items) that are typical for a car of this age but more recently I've moved onto larger projects (new convertible top) as time allows. The biggest thing I've done so far is a complete front end rebuild with a matching back end rebuild planned for this spring. This car has given me the incentive to expand the scope of my skills from basic maintenance to more complex tasks. I'm hoping to learn a lot from the forum and contribute as my skill and experience increase.

Welcome to the forum! Nice find on the car. You're doing it right: Repair or replace the broken things and learn the car as you go. You've got a reliable car now. Many members, us included, will tell you that with modifications usually comes better performance and worse reliability. It's a trade off so pick your mods carefully based on how you intend to use the car.

Check out some of the Build Threads to see how others have modified their cars and the challenges they've run into.

Best of luck with the future projects!

Thanks for the welcome. I did start a build thread -https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/my-eclipse.540194/

Will be working on the back suspension this spring and I'll be posting much more pics than I did before. I had a technical issue and lost a lot of the pics for my front end build so my thread doesn't have many pics at the moment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back