The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Hello everyone, so I’m a Nissan fan and bought a Mitsubishi..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zone1er

Supporting Member
Sep 26, 2022
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hello everyone, so I’m a Nissan fan and bought a Mitsubishi about 2yrs ago.
I’ve swapped several nissan 240s and 300zx over the last 15yrs.

Now I’m learning about the all mighty 4g63
And tbh I didn’t even know there’s was an awd eclipse until a few years ago.
Always wanted a vr4 so I figured what the heck.
Just finished assembling the long block, nothing special other then a multi layer head gasket and 6bolt block.
I was missing my Nissan after about a year into it.
Now that’s it’s been 2yrs and I’m making progress on the gsx the Silvia barely crosses my mind, here’s pick of my last 240s and my current state of the gsx.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I’ve been a Nissan guy for almost as long but always had Maximas. Got one left and my DSM.

Thats a good looking ride!, ive never seen one with a lip that ! can remember

Thank you, and yeah they really look good on just about anything. Should’ve kept em all with today’s market I’m sure a lot of people on here wish the same SMH

Welcome to the site. Im sure alot of us love love Sylvia's and the sr20det
You should fill out a vehicle profile > http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/
Thanks! Will do.

I really disliked Hondas and Mustangs growing up and could care less about a Mitsubishi.
Assumed they were all FWD, someone told me they weren't all FWD. What's wrong with that?

PS. I didn't build any nissans, Just swapped engines.
This gsx motor is the first i've taken apart down to bare block.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a diehard DSMer who got an R33 a few months ago, get ready for your life to become easier. After comparing both platforms I can tell you for a fact the DSM is by far the best bang-for-the-buck option especially in terms of power and mods. Parts availability is still very good and you can scavenge OEM parts from other Mitsubishi models which are bolt on to a great extent. Whereas right now I'm struggling to find even the most basic things for the Skyline such as a shifter boot, a power steering pump bracket and a gearbox sandwich plate, all of which are unique to the skyline and nothing else.

Did I mention JDM tax? You must be well aware of it. For every Skyline part if I'm paying $100, the DSM equivalent would be like, what, $20? It's insane. That said, the AWD DSM is probably the ultimate AWD platform all things considered. I've never driven a Skyline before so I wouldn't know how it compares in terms of handling, but I would imagine with a working rear HICAS system it should handle better. Also the straight 6 RB engine sound simply blows the 4G63 out the dust. I've said it before, the 4G63's only weakness is its unimpressive sound or lackthereof.

Oh, one more good thing about Nissans, at least from my experience. EVEN THOUGH they rust considerably more than our DSMs, I have noticed that rusty bolts and nuts take MORE force to loosen but don't snap nearly as much. Yesterday I managed to loosen ALL the front suspension bolts, nuts and brake caliper fittings without heating or using fancy sprays, I just went with a hammer and all of them loosened without snapping. Mind you the subframe is super rusty as well as the bolts and nuts were properly welded with minor rust. I guess Nissan uses higher grade fasteners?

Anyway nobody asked for my opinion but there it is. Welcome to the DSM game!

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Inline 6 do sound amazing with most exhaust.

The 240 was actually a coupe with Silvia front end and s14 seats. KA-T powered.

Kryndon you bring up a good point, I removed many rusty bolts from 240s and rarely snapped any.
I've noticed several snapped bolts on the Shell i have.

As far as parts availability i was struggling at first not knowing anything about dsm or anyone that had one.
Luckily i traded Paulyman some axles and he pointed my towards the forum which is awesome BTW!

Thanks MODS ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back